C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry for what might be a really silly question, but I'm trying to get to the egr valve to declog it (I can't get the car started this morning) but I've stumbled at the first hurdle as I cant the wipers off to remove the cowling!

Naturally I have removed the silver nuts from the front of the wiper base, but the wiper arms are still firmly attached and are not moving at all. Do I need to remove anything else?

I'm just off to get some egr cleaner, so it really would be much better to get the valve itself.

Thanks for listening

(I didn't mean to post this in the new cmax forum, but I'm sure it is just as valid here)

Edited by: jem2369

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know the answer for a C-Max but the technique I have used on other cars may be of help to you.

The problem is that the wiper arms are designed to "wedge" firmly unto the spindles. My solution was to loosen but not remove the nuts (to preserve the thread) and then use a pair of water pump pliers to loosen the wiper arm on the spindle, putting one of the jaws below the arm and the other on top of the nut, once you have loosened the arms remove the nuts completely and take the arms off.

Hope tht is a help.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hi Jem
Moved the post for you!
When I removed mine, they were right so n so's to remove but brute force and swearing got them off

They'll come off easier next time as I put a little grease on the spindles incase I need to get them off again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.