C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wiper transmission on the passenger side became disconnected at the point circled in the image (Stock image from web, not the actual transmission in my CMAX). Does anyone know if the arm is held onto the ball joint by friction alone or is there some small piece necessary to keep it attached? The local auto parts store and even the Ford Diagrams don't break down the transmission into smaller pieces, so all i've gotten are guesses. I'm hoping I can just strong-arm it back into place if no other hardware is required.

2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact problem,, and how did you get that out? I see no vids... diagrams on how to get the assembly out... I called Ford, you have to buy that whole assembly. that's what they told me.. I'm gonna fix mine..once i can figure how you get the darn thing out. looks buried. and to answer your question.. it just pops on,, so when it wears,, gravity takes hold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wiper transmission on the passenger side became disconnected at the point circled in the image (Stock image from web, not the actual transmission in my CMAX). Does anyone know if the arm is held onto the ball joint by friction alone or is there some small piece necessary to keep it attached? The local auto parts store and even the Ford Diagrams don't break down the transmission into smaller pieces, so all i've gotten are guesses. I'm hoping I can just strong-arm it back into place if no other hardware is required.

2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL
Hi Robert,

Did you ever resolve your Wiper linkage issue? both sides of mine are now faulty and just wondering if you replaced or removed the mechanism? hope to here from ya, Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts

2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL
I fixed mine and made a Vid,, for those who wanna know how you get to the mechanism and a possible fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts