C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Following getting my replacement windscreen fitted, I noticed a couple of slight annoyances that, and me being the OCD-type person that I am, I'd really like to sort out.

They are....
<ul>[*]The plastic covers for the bolts holding the windscreen wiper arms in are missing, leaving the shiny bolts exposed, and[*]The metal clips that hold the cowl in place at the base of the windscreen (I think there are 3 of them) are missingThe problem is, they're such small things, I don't think for a second that the local Ford dealer would stock them by themselves... they're more likely to only have them with something else (like a wiper arm assembly for the bolt covers, for example). And the CMax is rarer than rocking horse poop in the breaker's yards, so that's not an option either.

So does anyone know of where I could get hold of these little 'bits', or should I risk getting laughed at at the local Ford dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Try an independant auto spares shop or a hardware shop.Maybe cheaper than a dealer & able to supply in 1`s or 2`s.
I have both just arond the corner from me & have been able to pick up individual nuts,bolts washers etc for pitance.
MM

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have access to Ford ecat, Fords do stock the bits your after. the bolt covers are 95p each but i cant find the cowel clips from your description.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I think I'll pop down to the local dealer in the first instance, and see where I go from there.

I need to go there anyway to get a replacement locking wheel nut key (the 'key' bit has sheered off). Went there a couple of weeks ago to get a replacement, only to be told it would cost nearly £50! Sod that I thought, there's bound to be cheaper alternatives on the Internet, only to find there isn't! So I'll ask about the other bits when I return for the wheel nut key with my tail between my legs....

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
dkmulvey said:
...I need to go there anyway to get a replacement locking wheel nut key (the 'key' bit has sheered off). Went there a couple of weeks ago to get a replacement, only to be told it would cost nearly £50! Sod that I thought, there's bound to be cheaper alternatives on the Internet, only to find there isn't! So I'll ask about the other bits when I return for the wheel nut key with my tail between my legs....
I bought a new set of locking wheel nuts from Ford and that cost £36.
Should that includes the new "key" as well.Edited by: lawe

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I had a look at the two shops by me today & the plastic covers for the wipers were 5p each or 10 for 40p.
MM

·
Registered
125 Posts
Recognise the "cowl clips" issue - most of mine have vanished over time - I reckon it comes off a lot at services - somebody with ecat might look under "scuttle panel" as I think that's the technical term.

Also, I realised that my engine cover (2L TDCi) has been wrecked by being pulled off for services, although since it's not always been serviced by the same garages, I am unable to point the finger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts