C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
As you can probably guess I've just brought a Cmax on a 58 plate and it doesn't have spare wheel. The wheels have 5 studs. Trying to get a spare has been a little difficult to say the least.

I've been toldMondeo and Galaxy wheels will fit
Does anybody know what other manufactures wheels , beside ford, that will fit.

Many thanks.

Marc

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I'd first try going back to the dealer and asking them. Failing that you can probably pick one up cheaply off ebay.

I wouldn't be keen going to another manufacturer as they are only space savers and very limited in terms of performance. I'd have thought any of the vehicles from Focus up should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

5 stud space savers seem to be in short supply on ebay.

Cheers
Marc

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
try looking for this tyre size
T125/85R 162 which is what is on the spacesaver

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi,

I also have the same issue since purchasing out c-max, so thanks to the helpful advice on this forum.

Davy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here - just put a deposit down on a 58 plate C-Max Titianium with all the goodies on but alas no spare wheel. Why o why do they put the puncture repair kit in instead, especially as it's a no cost option.

It's not like it's going to be saving much weight. I've been quoted £140 from the garage to have the spare wheel 'kit' - this i assume includes the wheel,jack,brace and foam surround for it to sit in.

If we were to buy another wheel, is there a place to anchor it?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Two things
Can the dealer not alter the order as you've only put the deposit down. Is there anyway you could say that they didn't advise you that it didn't come with the spare. I don't know how much you had to put down but you could always try the dealers bluff and consider cancelling because of the extra cost

What foam surround. I think you'll find it just sits there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Richard,

We've seen the car as it's a Ford Direct vehicle - it's therefore 2nd hand and we don't have the option now as it's only 'free' at the time of the new order.

Regarding the foam i can't comment as i've not seen one before,the dealer just said the kit comprises of a new foam surround,brace & Jack. He said £140 was 'cost' price but i've yet to call around and find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The way it read it was a new one. I agree it's a fiddle somewhere

As to costs. The jack itself is £43 inc VAT having just ordered a replacement today
A std sized wheel and tyre will fit in the hole in the floor they are the same diameter but as it is wider it will be above the original floor level. You can get steel wheels ex mondeo for around £10 from a braker and a new tyre is around £70

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I was looking at maybe getting a Fiesta for my Mother & looking down the spec list,& found a full size spare is a £130 cost option
Bought a Toyota Aygo Platinum auto + a/cinstead and saved nearly3 grand.
MM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts