C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
You will find there are numerous versions of this. The idea apparently goes back as far as WWII fighter aircraft and very poor fuel

Not certain if it actually makes a lot of difference to MPG though

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think we would all be in serious trouble if carbon molecules suddenly decided not to 'clump together'. Mind you, the older I get, the more my morning face seems to tell that this ungodly phenomenon might well be a distinct possibility
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
These things were being toated adout the LandRover Mags about 10 years ago & were found to be crap.
I know someone who put one on his diesel RangeRover & it actually made the mpg worse.He got his money back.
If these things are so good,how come they are only on e-bay & not on general sale at the usual places ie Halfords,etc.
I personally woundn`t go near one as I think they are just a scam.
MM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Richard G's comment about aircraft made me reply to this one, as a licensed aircraft engineer and with aviation having such a huge reputation of fuel consumption, if this gadget were to significantly affect fuel economy aircraft would have it fitted, I can tell you that all Boeing and Airbus aircraft I know do not!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
the relevent period was I believe around 1942 when they had Hurricanes operating in russia and they didn't have 100 Octane fuel required. Not at all relevent to JP4 or whatever has followed it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts