C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL,
Iv got a big problem at the moment with water in the footwells!!!
iv tryed resealing the window with silicone on the outside,but it still
has not cured the problem.
Has anybody had this problem, or any ideas wot i can do.
cheers steve.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
First off, pull all the silicone you've put down on the window off. You don't want to reseal the window you need to check the seals on the scuttle panel (panel below the window). If that's fine then check the pollen filter. If that's fine then pull the front carpets up, take out the glove box, disconnect the battery and get someone to pour water over it to identify where it's coming from.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Just to eliminate the heater matrix from the possible causes
Have you checked that the cooling system is still full of water and that the heater still blows hot air?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi richard, yes checked the heating still works fine,
it only seems to happen when i wash the car or when it rains,so i thought it may be that
the window was not sealed properly?
iv removed the plastic on the pillers and near the triangle windows on the dash,and looks like its
running down the pillers,but can not see how or where its getting in.
any ideas?
cheers for the advice guys.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If it happens when it rains as well as when you wash the car and it's affecting both footwells then I doubt very much if it is any window not being sealed. It takes significant amounts of water to get (and keep wet) the footwells. I too would start looking at the area below the front screen just under the bonnet

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you mean the big black tray underneath the wipers mate?? do you think it may be possible that there is a rubber bung out off place and thats why im getting water?? you will have to excuss my knoledge on this im still leaning.
cheers steve.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I found this elsewhere. I don't say it is a solution but maybe worth trying

I have had problem with the floor on my 04 focus Cmax (75,000 miles) getting absolutely soaked. This happened during the summer months and had nothing to do with rain etc. I have now solved it and thought I would post the remedy for others. The problem was a blocked drain tube that runs from the Air Con to the outside, because we have the air con on all the time a jelly like substance had blocked the tube and the water was building up and coming out of the fan blower casing. You can tell if you have the same problem because the floor will be absolutely soaked and normally if you have the air con on clear water should drip about a foot in from the off side front wheel if it doesn't then it is most likely blocked. The good news is it is really easy to fix. Kneeling down outside the car and looking in at the drivers side pull away the thin plastic panel that laps over the carpet in the foot well, on the C max there is a single central push stud that holds it in place. Just behind the panel at the same level as the driver pedals( possibly just covered by the top of the carpet) is a black rubber concertiner type tube about 5 inches long and half an inch wide. The bottom goes into the drive shaft tunnel and the top into a black platsic elbow. Pull the elbow out and the grommet style connection into the drive shaft tunnel They come out easily both being a push fit. Clean out the tube and fish out the crap where the elbow pushes in. Reassemble and Ah Voila!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts