C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone hears of a full set of Titanium seats for sale (2007 onwards) I would be grateful if they would let me know.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preferably cloth - if they are available. The only ones I've seen are those with the cloth centres and leather sides. Have looked for the airbags on my seats. Whilst there is a cloth tag on the front seats saying 'airbag' I can't figure out how they deploy - I can feel firm panels unnder the cloth on the sides of the seats but unless there's a mini Ninja in there with a knife to open them up I'm lost. However, I assume it will be pretty obvious when looking at replacements whether the airbags are intact and have not been activated and removed? Do the seatbelt pretensioners and seat belt receivers have to come with the replacements as well or can they be transferred from my existing seats?

I certainly hope I can sort out something soon. My back is in shreds and that's only using the car for relatively short journeys. Can't see me doing any towing as things stand - and that's what I bought the car for!

Thanks,
Tony

Edited by: Tony

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a lift home from the dealer in a C-Max Titanium today - bliss!

Tony

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Seat Airbags deploy from the seat bolsters ( not employing a mini Ninja with a knife to my knowledge ).

Can`t see any reason to why you'd have to swap the airbags as previously posted? Also, I'm fairly certain that the seatbelt pre-tensioners are integral to the seatbelt reel. Should be able to get a seat(s) and plug 'n' play.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kev.

I 'think' the pretensioners are connected to the bottom part of the seat belt receiver, but someone might correct me.

Regarding the seat airbags (again!) - there isn't a panel in the side of the seat which
could be blown open. The sides are covered with cloth. Whether the stitching is designed to break open I don't know.

Tony

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi tony , glad you enjoyed your lift in the titanium, i am gloating now , I take delivery of one in mid April , the wait is because I want a panther black one , and it seems there is a waiting list for this colour

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure you will be pleased with it. Black looks very nice too

I had a lift from home to the dealer today to pick my car up - again in the Titanium. Must say it seems quite a step up from the Zetec.

Tony

Edited by: Tony

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all, any1 know if u can fit a set of 'ST recaro' seats in a 04 c-max at all??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts