C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using the tyre repair kit.does this make the tyre unusable after use.
i ask this question as the car is only 3 weeks old (175miles) and got a repairable puncture but i am being told that the tyre is now useless by repairer.i have also been told that you can wash it out and get it repaired.
HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am sure it makes the tyre unusable, I had to get a new tyre recently as I got a puncture, I'm in the process of getting a tyre and wheel as a spare for this as I'm not into this tyre repair kit malarky!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that,new tyre cost me 80 pounds today.
does anyone know why it ruins the tyre?

ford have put up prices 3 times this year but cant afford to put a temp spare wheel in.

Edited by: koiman

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi. Yes the tyre, after you have used the emergency kit to get you home is now scrap. People sometimes dont realise this when they buy a new car and situations like yours where the tyre is quite new is just a joke. When you buy a new ford you can specify that a spacesaver spare wheel is supplied FOC. But the dealers dont seem to push this. I think now after you've been stung you should look into getting yourself a spare wheel, as as sods law states you could get another puncture on the way home from the tyre shop!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much marshal,not what i wanted to hear but i will now take this up with the dealer. At no time were we told there was an option to have a spacesaver wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Would you believe a spare tyre is a COST option on ALL frauds.
I found this out last month when I took my Mother (The Dragon) to look at a new Fiesta,and I noticed the spare as a cost option right at the bottom of the exras list (crafty b34785s).
MM

·
Registered
336 Posts
Try a compressor with a 5 inch gash in the wheel. Got a space saver for normal running and a full ally spare for when pulling the carvan. Gepard is right though a compressor is small and neat.

·
Registered
232 Posts
MetalMicky08 said:
Would you believe a spare tyre is a COST option on ALL frauds.
I found this out last month when I took my Mother (The Dragon) to look at a new Fiesta,and I noticed the spare as a cost option right at the bottom of the exras list (crafty b34785s).
MM
Well not all Fords!!
Ka option extra cost £30
Fiesta option extra cost £30
Fusionoption extra cost £30
Focus included mini spare excl st
Focus cabrio no cost option (free if you want one!)
mondeoincluded mini spare excl runflats
cmax NO COST OPTION
Kuga included mini spare
galaxy included mini spare
s max included mini spare

My parents got a spare wheel inlieu of emergency kit on a new fiests,but perhaps thats because either they are good negotiators or were buying on the privelage scheme

Edited by: marshal

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
On new vehicles you can (or could) specify it instead of the repair kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks to all who replied to my request for help,i am now in the process of contacting the dealer on this matter.once again thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spacesaver wheel is only supplied as an option on factory ordered cars.those that are just sent out to dealers are not.my dealer said that you could wait 12 weeks for one with spacesaver.?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If the dealer was going to lose a sale because of it I bet something would be done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.