C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its two week since we recieved our 55 reg 2.0tdci and before we took delivery the sales man at west end motors in bodmin (Cornwall) said they would do any work required for the MOT and also act on any recomendations highlighted in the MOT.
I thought yeeh right, but on delivery new discs and pads had been fitted also three new tyres and a new airflow meter as the engine management light had intermitently lit, not that i had seen it also the car was fully valeted and 6 months waranty was thrown in for free .
My faith in car dealers ,well this one any way has been restored.

what i like

the car is quiet for a ford ,the handling is good for a car of this bulk and height ,the engine rocks what a flier quiet and composed when slow and steady is the order of the day but if you want to overtake the engine delivers incredible power and the power band is wide .
The cabin is great lots of space for a car that shares the focus floopan
The stereo is good delivering plenty of punch,it has a CD changer button but no changer i hope to fit a lead to make use of the button for my MP3 player.

Thing that im unsure about

The tyres that were fitted at the dealer take away some of the sharpness that the origional bridgestone tyres would have provided having firmer sidewalls when higher speed cornering is a priority (80+mph) at legal speeds they are fine though.

Fuel consumption is very good if you drive like you have the last drop of fuel left in the world an amazing 65mpg over a 30 mile A road trip.
But in normal driving on mainly A roads 40 mpg is the norm and this doesnt drop much when you pick up the pace.

The rear seating is very flexible but can you be bothered as they are fairly fidly.

Things i dont like

The boot is actually narrower then our last fiesta and a standard buggy will not fit accross the rear of the boot and has to be angled to fit in this is due to lazy design around the suspension turrets ,a flat plastic panel was used rather than spending time wrapping trim around the arches, but the upright rear hatch and high roof gives plenty of volume.
The rear spoiler has deformed in the sun and there is a 4mm gap across the center leading edge bringing a whole new meaning to the word spoiler.

When the engine is cold it hunts for the first five mins typical ford engine management/sensors this can be eliminated by switching on the a/c raising the revs a bit

The wipers are £40 a pair

The stories are true the clock works on the timeof another planet

But overall i love it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Agree about the 2.0tdci Do an overtake at 50-60mph and it takes off like a bull with a slapped arse

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Regarding the use of MP3 players with the 6000 radio with the CD/DJ button do check the previous posts about what does and doesn't work

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a8 way block above the glove box and from previous experience of ford audio i should be able to lash a 3.5mm jack soket on to the appropriate cores as the CD/DJ button is just a fancy aux button although other cores are used for track info etc ,i will ignoor those,
i will probably connect my sat nav to the stereo from time to time as it interupts the music from its built in MP3 player to give directions. Happy Days

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my 04 plate since the end of September and think it's great! A lot thirstier than my last car (a Smart 44 diesel) but waaay more comfortable.

I changed the stereo for a Blaupunkt bluetooth headunit and lost the clock and the steering remote controls

I bought a pair of front wiper blades from wiperblades.co.uk for about £20 and they work perfectly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts