C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into car this morning & as I drove off,engine light came on and no turbo power.I`ve plugged my scanner in & it comes up turbo boost control,solenoid A circuit.
Anyone got an idea of cost & can it be done at an independant garage or do I have to go to fraud
MM

Serves me right for leaving it for a few days.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
It probably depends of it is the solenoid itself the pressure sensor or just a fault in the wiring (again - just your luck!!) and which piece of kit is needed to determine this

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rang my local independant & they told me to go to a dealer.Rang Heartlands Tamworth & they said they would have to have the car to investigate for themselves.I then rang my sparkie mate & he`s going to get back to me in the morning & absolutely NOT to go to a dealer.
I`ll see what happens tomorrow.
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got in this morning & still running with no turbo.
Got back & started again after getting more sweeties (tablets) & blow me,back on full boost.
Must be a sticking valve,engine light still on but that can be sorted.
Still gonna get it looked at by sparkie though just to make sure.
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even the engine light has gone out now
Anyway I`ve got full power back again
so the Golf & BMW brigadearound herehad better watch out again
MM

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
It's perhaps worth taking it for a spot of italian tuning with lots of circumstances for the turbo solenoid to operate to clean evrything and get it all properly hot
accelaration & braking rather than high speed motorway

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Richard G said:
It's perhaps worth taking it for a spot of italian tuning with lots of circumstances for the turbo solenoid to operate to clean evrything and get it all properly hot
accelaration & braking rather than high speed motorway
Agree, if in doubt - Thrash

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been & done that up A38 to Burton & back to celebrate JB`s & Brawn`s double championships.
Good job boys in blue were not about.
MM

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
OK
But the ref to the variable turbo geom was in the cmax engine electrics wiring diagram

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Richard,I`ve had a read & it does have some of those symptoms but it has always cleared itself.I`m going to a race mechanic mate of mine & he`s going to go over it with a fine tooth comb.He rekons it`s probably soot/dust causing a temp problem.
I`ve used the car all today & no sign of any problems & mpg is still 43+round town.
Thanks
MM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts