C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
We have just bought a 2006 c max can anyone help me, we need a towbar but we have been told that we need a special wiring conection, we cannot splice into the loom as this will cause problems, have been told we need a 7 way bypass relay is this correct.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i wouldnt have thought that splicing into the loom would cause problems, i think a few members have fitted the electrics themselves by splicing the loom with no problems.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi,
A trailer module is in Fords own wiring diagrams, possibly owing to the fact that the GEM module is in charge of the lighting ( amongst lots of other things! ) so splicing into wiring may have an adverse effect on something seemingly unrelated!
Best fit the module in my opinion, peace of mind knowing the job is done properly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes , modern cars need the relay. When you buy the wiring kit theres no splicing needed it all just plugs in. By the way I have a Cmax tow bar i will be up loading to ebay tomorrow. Its rully reconditioned, finished in satin black with all new bolts and a brand new tow ball. Its a witter F99A
Pm me if your interested.

this is from the Witter web site

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/uMedia/FittingElectricsDed/ZEKF0008.pdfEdited by: marshal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I had a towbar and single electrics fitted to a '04 focus c-max. They didn't need any additional wiring bits. So if you know what you're doing...... BTW towbar cost £200 fitted.

Iain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts