C-Max Owners Club banner

Titanium Alarms

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Wiggy 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just taken delivery, one day early, of my 08 plate titanium - my driveway now has two C-Maxs on it

How do I get the interior and perimeter alarms to work? I've pressed the button by the door handle to turn on the interior alarm, double locked it and then tried punching the window (I bet neighbours think I've gone mad!) to change the pressure inside the car and they don't go off.

Do they only go off when the window breaks?

The dealer has ordered me a new book so unfortunately I can't check the manual.....

Cheers,

See less See more
#2 ·
Pressing the button switches the interior sensors off. You should hear a beep and a message will appear on the dash display. When active I think there is a 30 second delay before the sensors activate. To test the interior sensors, keep one window slightly open, wait a minute and then put your hand in the car. To test the perimeter alarm, lock the car and then unlock the bonnet, I do that one all the time by mistake.

Check my previous posts, there's a link to my website to an online manual.

#5 ·
Here's a good one that left me speechless......

I happened to be looking at my 08 plate 1.8TCi Titanium this morning when all the windows wound themselves fully down, indicators flashed then the alarm went off!!!

Spooky! I called my local dealer but, as expected, got the "Not head of that one before sir, if it happens again bring it in and we'll take a look at it for you"

#8 ·
Some mobile phone signals can set off/reprogramme things especially Blackberry type phones.A friend hasa b/berry & I had to reprog the key fob just after he used it.It also reset 2 Mercs,a Honda Accord & a Chrysler 300.Needless to say if any of us see/hear his phone,we try desperately to grab it & test it`s floating abillities
MM

#14 ·
Gepard was right!

I held the unlock button down and I got the same effect which makes me think as I had the keys in my pocket at the time I may have been pressing the button by mistake!!!

Shame there's nothing in the manual about this one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.