C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just had the message up that i have a problem so car 2.0 tdciis in limp home mode again
(15mph top speed).took car to local garage not fordthey plugged in there pc and came up with its the throttle position sensor(TPS) had this fixed by ford im march this year which they say was a bad connection loose wire to you and me i think. has anyone else had a TPS fitted and if so can you please tell me how much it cost and if it had to be done by mr ford?
i think this will be the last time the car will be fixed as the wife is fed up with it as she only does short trips in it most of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Are you taking it back to fraud & getting them to fit it properly?
I know I`d be there straight away.
MM

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but they cant look at it till wednesday or thursday and it seems they need more than 5 mins to connect to pc to find fault as my local garage only took this long it seems they just cant be bothered to help.
the work they did on the TPS in march was they rectified a poor connection but did not fit any new parts only paid labour charges.problem is if i take it back to ford they will just say its not what they fixed last time so i will have to pay again.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hooking it up to a computer doesn't give you a definitive explanation of what is wrong - just a starting point for further investigation. It is far more convenient for the customer to drop it off once and have it sorted than keep taking it back and forth for them to work on it whenever they have five minutes free. I feel you're being a little harsh saying "seems they just cant be bothered to help". It is frustrating when a car doesn't work but you can't expect them to drop everyone elses cars just so they can work on yours.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks but it would have been nice if they had fixed it right the first time. as for them stopping to hook my car up to there computer and making other people wait for there car to be fixed i will remember that the next time the fitters are looking at my oil drain out on its next service and doing nothing but stare into space.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it only takes that long maybe they should stop charging me an hour or more for a service or does it take 59 mins to change the oil filter!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
As you say the car is a 2L TDCI (diesel) I'm not sute how it has a throttle position sensor as diesel's don't have a throttle. It may actually be the accelerator pedal position sensor that registers the movement of the pedal and thus engine demand. you may be able to look to see if either the sensor or a wire is loose

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
As far as I know a throttle position sensor is fitted to the end of the butterfly shaft in PETROL engines to show show fully shut (idle) normal and WOT (Kickdown)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi have got the car back it turns out i had to have a new throttle pedal fitted it was only £175 bill which in all adds up to over £900 on maintance in under a year.
the wife has now had enough of it and we will just sell it and buy some thing else but not a ford as this has been just a pain in our pocket keeping it running.
we will never buy a ford again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts