C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly hi my name is stephen and currently looking for a well speced c-max,with my budget its probably going to be about 54 plate,before goind any further only mod i would like to do is to change the wheels to to focus st style anyone see any problems in doing this.

My 1st viewing is a 1.8 ghia with 71,000 any real things to check thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Lo Steve dont buy a petrol ...yes i know it sounds extreme but... the blokes with petrol cant seem to get more than about 32 mpg out of em. Us blokes with oil squirters get at least 35 around town and 40 on motorway whilst travelin at 90 whichI wasnt,I couldnt, as its against the law, not our Lawe. Seriously Petrols are ok Diesels are ok depends what you need. Have Fun and enjoy Buying

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there and welcome, just to add a comment from a petrol person, I have a 1.8 ghia, and generally get 33mpg out of it around town, and I have just returned from a holiday to Hereford, (600 mile round trip) and the car averaged 37 mpg. And I have a 'heavy' right foot too!
No where near diesel economy, but I consider that to be good.
I didn't bother with a Tdci C-Max due to the additional cost of buying a diesel one plus slightly dearer fuel doesn't give me any advantage, and I'd never recover the cost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that when should timing belt be changed and do you forsee any problems with putting on 18" focus st alloys

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Belt changes are at around 150K on all if I remember correctly

The only possible thing to watch with the 18" rims is that you ought to have the rack limiters on to stop the tyres rubbing on the inner edge and it was reported that not to have these on were an MOT failure

There are the two other items that
the tyres are very much more expensive and
that you ought to tell your insurance as the posh wheels may make it more likely to be nicked and they'll probaly want to charge you extra

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Fit to the steering rack to prevent the steering being turned to such an extent that the inside edges of wide tyres rub on any part of the suspension

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi a quick note on cam belts ,the belts do last over 100k but the tensioners are known to fail sooner sometimes a warning is given shortly before failure by way of a whiring noise from the engine if this noise is heard go straight to a garage as time is not on your side.
having suffered this myself i would recomend as Haynes manual do,change it every 50k and if in doubt change it anyway.ihope this was helpfull

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone!

I live in southern Ireland now, but originally from good old Surrey

I just found your website after searching for information on the dpf fluid error I'm getting

I've an english 2005 1.6tdci zetec model thats now done around 75k (hence the error apparently).
Ford have been about as helpful as a flame in water, and even their master mechanic has never seen a cmax with this fuel additive system - they don't even stock the additive

Anyway, that's me

xxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts