C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me what size/shape the sump plug removal tool is for an 04 2tdci?

Don b

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Can't remember just what size it is but it is a std spanner / socket hexagon shape

Don't forget to change the copper washer that fits beneath the head of the plug or it may leak at least just slightly

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was an 8mm hex, and what a bugger top get out, got the same issue with the filter, he man must have put the last one in.

Donb

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yep that oil filter is in the worst place. Youneed 7 year old size hands to get at it properly and then one of the hoses are in the way and that's a pain to take off/on

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Oh and I've got to start thinking about doing the rear pads. I know I need a rewind tool but this should be fun!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took mine into central tyres for the fronts, 80 squid but no dirty hands for me. I presume the oil filter is inside the plastic cover with the large nut shape on top, if not then I been trying to undo the wrong thing.LOL

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If you've got the EPB do remember to check how to disengage it operating before you take everything apart
I had more problems with the front pads as I had to make up spacers so as to use the wind back tool. You may have a slight problem getting the caliper off the disc after having undone the bolts especially if your pads are very worn, Having a big screwdriver or pry bar to hand may be very useful to gently lever the caliper off with

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Cheers Richard.
The fronts on mine were very straight forward but I have been reading up and being EPB fitted, that is what is giving some slight nightmares!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Donb the plastic thing with the large nut on is the fuel filter. The oil filter is a standard canister on the front of the block unless i`m thinking of the wifes scenic i`ll check in the morning and post back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
lazyb said:
Donb the plastic thing with the large nut on is the fuel filter. The oil filter is a standard canister on the front of the block unless i`m thinking of the wifes scenic i`ll check in the morning and post back.
I think both the oil and fuel filter on a 2.0 TDCi are of the replaceable element type - i.e. they both are housed in a plastic thing with a nut on top.

The fuel filter is the one nearest the top, the oil filter is quite far below, which will probably necessitate an extension to your socket set to get to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.