C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Ive just noticed that when travelling in 4th gear doin 30 mph in my 1.6ghia tdci 55 plate i get an occational second of what i can only decribe as a splutter or lack of power..i find this really strange only ever happens between 30 mph and 35 mph .

any advice would be appreciated

cheers poolee

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Is it only in 4th gear it does it or can you get it to be worse if trying to do 30 MPH in 5th

Our 54 1.6TDCI will do that (30)on the flat by the way

I'm wondering if there is any connection with the vacuum controls to the variable vane controls for the turbo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi richard

to be honest now i think about it , it probably has done it in 5th gear before ! the problem can occur anywere but........
im now going to make this a little more complicated ! what if i said it does it in a particular place in the town i live and on a certain road which is flat and in the same place on this road travelling north .. the road is a good surface ie no pot holes ..

work that one out LOL

strange i know ...

cheers poolee

work this one out

whilst travelling to blackpool 5 years ago in my old 1.6 tdci zetec the maitanance light (think thats what they call it) came on on the a66 on the pennines so i pulled over and waited for a few minutes turned of the engine then turned it back on and the light vanished ...heypresto so of we went for the weekend at the beach...but Get this on the way back yip you guessed it within 300 mtrs of it happening a cpl of days before it happened again. so of went the engine for a few mins then back on problem solved ... lets just say the dealer on putting the car in for a check the following day was a little confused to be honest i think he thought i was winding him up but this was a tottally true story ..and they found nothing ..

this leads me to think certain wireless signals that around these days could possibly interfere with engine managment systems on some vehicels.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Do you know anyone else with a max local to you that could try to see if they get the same problem in hte same place

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am afraid i don but i may seek the help of a spiritualist to rid the max of its little gremlin lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts