2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%">

<TD width=600>Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:37 pm Post subject: C Max
<TD vAlign=top noWrap>

<TD colSpan=2>
<HR>

<TD colSpan=2>hi guys

My Gf has got 2006 focus in blue 1.6 petrol and looking to swop it for C Max this week.

Do you know which is better, petrol or diesel? as she does about 10k a year driving (motorway/normal driving)

What people views on this and what would u recommend?

Would you have diesel or petrol and what engine size?

cheers

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
If it`s a good mix of the two,the diesel`s the best.
Power wise,well,the tax on the 1.6 is going to be less than the 1,8 & 2.0 (so`s the insurance).
Mpg wise you`d again probably better off with the 1.6 unless the car is full with a mix of people & goodies in which case eithe rof the other two.
I`ve a 2.0 and I get about 42ish round town & on runs I have had it up to 70mpg.
It really comes down to what you feel you can afford & the deal you can get.
I don`t regret getting the 2.0,as both the wife & I like the extra power that`s there if/when it`s needed.
MM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MetalMicky08 said:
If it`s a good mix of the two,the diesel`s the best.
Power wise,well,the tax on the 1.6 is going to be less than the 1,8 & 2.0 (so`s the insurance).
Mpg wise you`d again probably better off with the 1.6 unless the car is full with a mix of people & goodies in which case eithe rof the other two.
I`ve a 2.0 and I get about 42ish round town & on runs I have had it up to 70mpg.
It really comes down to what you feel you can afford & the deal you can get.
I don`t regret getting the 2.0,as both the wife & I like the extra power that`s there if/when it`s needed.
MM

the engine doesnt matter too much to my GF as it works to A and B

Do u have any issues with C Max as heard few things go wrong like EGR?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, as a GF myself I can recommend the 1.6 petrol, if your GF doesn't want to drive fast or do a high annual milege whilst loaded up. It potters around just fine doesn't ever go wrong [no ERG issues, or any other issues] and is very comfortable. More importantly, they are cheap to buy, if that's important, although of course they will do less MPG than a diesel. I get 33 round town, 37 mixed and 43 on the motorway. See http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/Ford-Focus-C-MAX-1.6i-16v-Zetec/219582/

Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
304 Posts
had the 1.6 petrol last year , was ok . Got the 2.0 tdci this year and . . . . zzz WHAT AN ENGINE , Phenomenal ! Love it , one of my better decisions

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Ihad a new egr valve bout 3 months ago.The car had done 75000when it was changed.If I`d been well enough I might have tried to clean the old one (there are some posts where this has been done) & go from there.I think mine had got to the stage where it was on it`s way out anyway & no matter how many times it was cleaned,it would have packed up eventualy.

Now,having read the other posts above,I don`treally think your GF can go wrong with the 1.6TDCI
MM

·
Registered
26 Posts
I test drove the 1.6 petrol for a week and found it a little lacking in power when fully loaded with children and stuff, went for the 1.8 petrol in the end.

I dont do a huige amount of miles a year so the petrol seemed like a better bet than the diesel for me.

But then seeing as she is a gf perhaps the 2 kids in the back isnt an issue (yet!)

Arabella

1 - 10 of 10 Posts