C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
we have just got back from hols, the problem all started on thursday, we had been in stop start traffic for about 1o mins when i used the front washers on the windscreen, there was this awful smell(just like dog sh
t)which was coming in my window as it was open.
we got to where we were going and i got out and the wife used the washers and the smell was just as bad only smells when we use them.the smell was still there when we got back to the car about an hour later.
i put it down to the water being stale so used it all and i have put some fresh in, i have used the washers a couple of times to clean it through but the smell is still there but not as bad
has anyone had this problem and was it just the water or some thing else?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you just using plain water? If so empty out whats in there and then put a strong mixture of screen wash in there.

Just a thought

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm using a screen wash which i havemixedfor the winter i think it is 10 to 1.
i have read on the parkers car review web site that thec-maxhad a recall about over heating windscreen washer arms.
i will have to ask
mr ford
if they can tell me or find out if this has been done or needs to be done on our 54 tdci.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have now empied the washer bottle again and refilled it all seems good so must of beenold screen wash.will have to wait a couple of weeks as the wife does not drive it that much to see if it is ok.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Had that smell in both my cars, using halfords own screen wash. Smelled like a stagnent pond. Now use fords own wash and the smell has not come back. Its been in over a month now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had the same awful smell even when doing 75 mph, now use halfords meadow fresh and its fine, any other and the smells back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts