C-Max Owners Club banner

Slack in drivers seat

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ChrisH 
#1 ·
Hi

Hope you can help me solve a problem.

Lately I have experienced slack in my drivers seat whenever I make a sharp turn - roundabouts and so on. It makes a small "click" from side to side in the lower part of the back or in the seat it self.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Any drawings of the seat assembly?

Søren

#2 ·
Possibly a broken bracket on the seat rail. Mine doesn't make a 'clicking' sound, but itdoes feels like the seat is tipping forward when you brake quite hard, or twists when you corner. It makes feels likeone of the retaining bolts has come undone.

Mines going in a week on Monday and it should be fixed under warranty

According to our local Ford dealer they have had several Focus's in with the problem, but never a C-Max....

#4 ·
The car is going in so they can strip the seat down to find out what the fault is, so long as it is just the brackets they'll fit it under warranty.

If its anything else I get the bill.....

I'll let you all know what happens.

#5 ·
Right where do I start....

Basically the car went in to have the drivers seat checked as it is 'wobbly' and to have its firstMOT (due 07/04/09).

The clever guys at the garage have rung and said that the seat runner is broken and I can either leave the car with them overnight and they can get the part in for tomorrow....... or I can collect the car, they will order the part and it will take 3-5 working days to be delivered.....

Now this is how good our local Ford garage is......
Becausedepsite "knowing" the seat is broken they proceeded to MOT the car and you guessed it, they failed it because the seat is broken.....

Of course the car is going to fail if the flippin seat is broken. Thats why it's in the damn garage in the first place. What a complete waste of one of the mechanics time.

No wonder they can get away with charging the best part of £80 per hour labour...

Edited by: R7BKR

#7 ·
I'll find out all the details when I collect the car from them tomorrow.

They said mine is the first C-Max to be in with that problem. But they have had several Focus's in.

#8 ·
I had something similar - I had noticed a bulge in a tyre sidewall, and asked if they could change it before the MOT as I knew it would fail. But they did the MOT, failed it, changed the tyres, retested it (for free) and passed it. Which seems like an illogical way of doing things

Made me wonder if there is a legal issue that they are not allowed to do repairs before the test? Didn't seem any other obvious reason for doing it that way.

#9 ·
Right, got the car back from FRAUD and they have said that the "rear support barat the back of the seat runner" had broken.

The first sign of this happening was the seat started to squeak. Obviously I ignored it, and over time the bar broke and meant the seat was not fitted to the runner assembly properly.

They said that mine was the first C-Max to ever come in with this fault so hopefully no one else gets the same problem.

Luckily for me this was a 'warranty' item so they fixed it for FREE....
What makes it sweeter is that the warranty runs out on the 07th April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.