C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone fitted one of these before?. Are they any good? I know im gonna need one as the aerial twangs on the garage door when we drive in.
How do you get to the underside of the aerial base? is it under the interior light??

Theres a guy on fleabay who is selling cmax specific shark fin. for £19

and its paintable too, so should blend in ok.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You stick a knife up between the lens plastic and the frame. The lens pops down, you then pull one side of the light down (think it's the rear facing side) and the whole light unit drops down. Underneath there is the nut which holds it on.

Sharkfins normally go on the back so you'ld need to takeout the headliner which is attached to a wiring loom (which needs the glovebox taken out - which needs thecenter console taken out and the trim under the dash)and jet washer tube. Once that is out you'ld need to careful drill a hole where you want it and sand off some extra paint so you can get a good earth. Finally you need to block off the old aerial hole at the front with something suitable.

Be careful as most products will need to be contour matched to the vehicles roof and a common tactic ebay sellers use is to put in random car makes and models. I strongly doubt that the one you are looking at was designed to fit a C-Max.

I also think it would look abit odd as they're normally for saloons.

If it were me I'd try to find a fold out aerial off another car and mod that to fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts