C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All i am new to this forum and liking what i see already, i own a 54 1.6 zetec cmax and have just had as probloem with my screen washer pump, it started to make a vibrating noice and a very weak trickle on both from and back jets, then after a while a really bad grinding noise and now no water from either back or front. Does this sound like the pump has gone to meet its maker or a blocked filter, i have no mechanical skills at all so wondered how much hard work is it to replace the pump and how much does a new one cost?

Sorry to babble on but would really appreciate the advice.

Cool website loving it already and my C-max.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've not seen the washer bottle/pump set up but on previous cars where I've replaced, it is a "simple" case of empty bottle, unplug connections (and I do mean unplug!), pop out the old motor and pop in the new one, like a sink plug to put in non tech terms
and reconnect the power plugs and put back onto the body.
However, the washer bottle is not as easy to get and I think s behind the wheel arch of the front drivers side wheel.
If I get chance, I'll have a look on theTIS DVD (Tech DVD on showing what goes where) to confirm unless Richard beats me to it and confirms the location!

PS, Welcome

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
and why would I beat anyone GD&R

I'll have a look as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to take off the wheel and wheel arch cover and got to the pump, yes it was knackered, called fords they wanted £54 including VAT. Managed to go to a local parts dealer who did it for £24 inc VAT. Works a treat now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts