C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, joined the club yesterday, a little premature perhaps but hey!
I've ordered a 2.0 tdci, had to get higher spec than I wanted as Ford in their wisdom decided not to make a 6 speeder zetec, so, titanium it was! ( I know it's meant to be a good slushy box but..)
I called the Dealer today as I made a mistake not speccing it with privacy glass,( I know it'll look like a gangsta wagon in panther black ).
This is my very first new car, traded in my faithfull mk2 mondy, and due to take delivery late November/early December.
Always vouched to never have a new car when I worked for a local fraud dealership, the mondeo is getting on a bit now, and I wanted something more willing to pull the tin tent occasionally attached to the rear, 2k scrappage for a £400 car is not to be sniffed at!, nor is 330nm of torque!
Sorry to ramble on, hello once again!!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hello& welcome.Sounds like you`ve spec`d a nice motor,though if you reall want a 6 speed Zetec I don`t mind doing a straigh swap for my 53 plate2.0TDCI Zetec
Cheers
MM

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmmmmm, thanks for the offers but....... mind if I decline?
Was speaking to Mrs wife last night regarding privacy glass ( £125 ), she suggested the Titnium X pack ( £1500 ) it has heated leather, leccy drivers seat, 6 disc DAB radio,Privacy and parking sensors front and rear.
Can anyone try to persuade me it is justified? ( kids and dog = stains on cloth!? ) £1500!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Replied in your great list of cars you had but I'll say here that.... your wife is right

The leather will be easy to clean, the heated seats are one of things that once you have it, you'll wonder why you didn't get it before. The sensors are a help, even more so when car parks are like match boxes, the DAB 6 disc radio goes without saying and the elc seat, well thats just showing off.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Ok, it pains me to admit, but yeah, the wife is right ( you people jaust confirmed it for me ).
There, I admitted it, I kinda feel better for doing so to!.
Please, no-one tell her I admitted to this!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, First off, sorry for my fat fingers.
Secondly, Salesman just called, seconds after posing reply, I have commited myself and done it, no turning back now, he was a little reluctant in doing it until I pointed out the car hadn`t been built yet!
He`s from a certain breed is that Salesman!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.