C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
the reversing lights on our 53 plate cmax have stopped working. i have checked the bulbs this evening and they seem fine. i have check to see if there is any power getting to them and got nothing. reading through here i see that the adjustable headlights use the same fuse so i have checked them and they are working so i cant be the fuse. anyone any ideas?
Thanks
Lee

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
are you sure about the correct fuse for the reversing lights? I don't seem to remember anything connected to H/Lights on the fuse side
Otherwise it's a case of check the gearbox switch

If you'd like to PM an external email I'll send you the pages from the TSI disc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I had exactly the same problem today- no reversing lights and parking sensors on my c-max 2.0 TDCi '54 model. The lights and sensorsappear to share the same feed fromFuse 84 (10A - in the fuse box under the glove box) via the reverse gear selector switch (located on top of the gear box). I replaced the fuse and all was OK for a short while, but it eventually blew again. I heard that the switch can sometimes fail internally causinga short circuit. When I bypassed the switch then the lights and sensors all worked OK, apparently confirming this fault. Sounds like a fairly common problem. I'm off to the main dealers with the faulty switch to find a replacement - I believe there are more than one type! Hope this may be of help.

Howie

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I believe it is a case of taking the air box out and that the switch is underneath it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts