C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very annoying rattle that seems to come from the back of the car (Focus C-Max 1600cc)this rattle seems to be ther when I go over bumps in the road i.e potholes etc.But the funny thing is when I go over the same bumps with my foot on the brakes,then there is no noise at all.I have replaced the brakes and the brake calipers have been ckecked also for being loose.
The noise was that bad I could always hear it with the window down,now I can hear it with the window up so it is getting worse.HELP!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I have tried the wheek nuts and those are all tightened,and I have also removed the space saver spare wheel and jack from the car and the noise is still there

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Just had a trawl through some previous posts as I remembered there was a similar post some time ago.
Turns out it was one of the rear bushes that had failed.
This could very well be your problem.
Hope it is (at least you`ll have the solution )& you can get it sorted & piece of mind asap.
If it is,please let us know
Cheers
MM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will look through all previous posts but that idea about the bushes being worn is a very good idea to try,hoplifully I will get this resolved ASAP.
Thank you for the idea,will let you know if that is the problem

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
You say it doesn't rattle with the brakes just slightly on. Does it also not rattle with the H/Brake slightly on

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
You say it doesn't happen with the brakes on and that you've changed the brakes. Was the noise there before the change as well?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Ahh!!
Did one of each pair of the pads have a spring on the edge and did you fit this to the internal side of the caliper adjacent to the piston?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
it may not help but I had a rattle on my 04 when I test drove it before buying, worse over bumps;
turned out to be anti-roll bar connection on the off side; they originally thought it was the tailgate but we got there in the end

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when I had a look under the car today when I was doing my brakes I can see that the anti roll bar has been replaced with a new one before I bought the car last August

1 - 16 of 16 Posts