C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My '58 plate 2l Titanium TDCI has developed a light mettalic rattle on bumpy roads ( so all the time then !) somewhere in the back.

It seems to be coming from the floor area just in front of the rear seats. If anything it has moved from just behind the drivers seat to the middle of the rear floor.

It stops when anyone is sat in the back.I've tried folding the rear seats but its still there - could be suspension ?

I was just wondering if anyone had come across this before I take it to Ford ?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Bob just got back from my hols and noticed a bump rather than a rattle from same area had a look yesterday with the wheel off and its a bush which has failed i will get round to replaceing it eventually.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a similar issue. Discovered that the screws at the bottom of the centre console towards the back had come loose causing a rattle. When tightened the noise went but they keep coming loose. No noise when someone sits in the passenger seat though even if the screws have fallen out.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Locktite did do a product called thread lock that will help to stop threads working loose
NOT & Repeat NOT Studlock which glues them in permanently

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Update on the rattle.

Finally took it into Fords, they had it for a couple of days and stripped down the rear body panels. They found a loose washer that had somehow got into a void and was rattling. Didn't pay anything as they did it under warranty.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guess what - we took a break up to Scotland and the rattle came back - maybe it was Frauds !

I'll take it back to them next week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes - all passengers have commented on this rattle.

Its almost like a washer or something was loose.

I'm going to have a look in the b pillar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.