C-Max Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've narrowed my search for a car down to the C-Max Energi 2015-2017 models. Here is my list of questions after doing some initial reading. What am I missing?

1 - Is the car currently pulling any error codes?
2 - Has 12 volt battery been replaced? If so, how many times and how recently?
3 - have you found it necessary to jump the car more than most other cars? (I gather that this is an issue with some cars but not all, having to do with a parasitic drain on the 12 volt battery, no?)
4 - I would like to know the condition of the HV battery. What is the best way to know that? If the car is fully charged, will the blue EV number read accurately? In other words, if the battery has significant wear already, with that little blue number reflect as much by showing a number less than 19?

Thanks! Can't wait to be a card-carrying member of the C-Max club

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think those are all great questions to ask. I don’t own a energi model but I do own a 2014 hybrid with 150,000 miles with no history of the HVB ever being replaced or needing maintenance. I get around five hundred miles to a tank still give or take depending on weather conditions and how I drive it. Out of all the vehicles I’ve owned I have to say this car has made me the most happy. I absolutely love it. With the parasitic drain,I believe I may have stumbled upon the issue being the ignition switch as I ran key on power for the fog lights I installed into me SE model to fuses that are labeled “vehicle power 1,2,3,4” there’s four of those fuses and they all have different amp fuses. After looking them up on FMC dealer and oasis I found out that they’re for power to coils and other various things that need key on power, can’t remember them all exactly but I believe the ignition switches may have a small random short in them causing the parasitic drain. Some times I’ll park and turn my car off and my dogs will stay on. I’ll have to put the key back in turn the car back on and then off again for them to turn off. I’m not positive on this being the culprit tho. So far I found that this forum isn’t very active unfortunately and found that fordcmaxhydridforum.com has more people that are more engaging. Good luck on your purchase and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I've narrowed my search for a car down to the C-Max Energi 2015-2017 models. Here is my list of questions after doing some initial reading. What am I missing?

1 - Is the car currently pulling any error codes?
2 - Has 12 volt battery been replaced? If so, how many times and how recently?
3 - have you found it necessary to jump the car more than most other cars? (I gather that this is an issue with some cars but not all, having to do with a parasitic drain on the 12 volt battery, no?)
4 - I would like to know the condition of the HV battery. What is the best way to know that? If the car is fully charged, will the blue EV number read accurately? In other words, if the battery has significant wear already, with that little blue number reflect as much by showing a number less than 19?

Thanks! Can't wait to be a card-carrying member of the C-Max club

re: #2 I have had to replace the 12V battery every 3 years, twice now. The battery has only a three year warranty, and is an unusual size... I got a lithium car battery jump starter (ca. $60) that got me started twice...about the size of a book, it fits in the back...a great lifesaver

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Very helpful. I'll also have to check out that other forum. I would love to find an active community. It can make a world of difference. I appreciate you guys being active on here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the input. Very helpful. I'll also have to check out that other forum. I would love to find an active community. It can make a world of difference. I appreciate you guys being active on here!

👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts