C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a problem now for about 6 months where I can only fill the tank half full.
Its not a fault with the gauge as it registers half full , but the pump will always cut out and fill no further.
I'm sure its just a blocked vent pipe but looking at the TIS version I have it's very confusing , is there an easy way to disconnect and reconnect the vent pipe without removing the suspension and the EPB assembly ?

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes can only ever get 25 litres in
If I pull nozzle out and back in can fill up no more
Checked the overflow pipe today and the vent pipe (as best I could ) they seem ok
I have never had the bottle to run the car until empty on the gauge just in case - but tapping the tank when I have filled up as much as I can does sound like its half full

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Get a gallon container & put some fuel in,then drive as usual & see what happens,if you do run out,you have a gallon to put in.Just be sure to stop when the car first splutters,if you keep on till it cuts out completely then you will have sucked up all the crap from the tank & need a new fuel filter.
MM

·
Registered
153 Posts
the jerry can is a good idea. i would suspect the fuel gauge. only one way to find out!
you might not need to run it empty, if it goes formore than 100miles, then point proven.......
does the fuel computer give mpg and miles left etc. they must get readings from the same place.

when my tank is full and parked on level ground with engine off and in gear i can rock the car and get a 'slapping' sound from the tank. doesn't do this when half full(empty) .good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We'll guess I'll never know what it was now !
Auctioned it this afternoon and of to get a BMW (must be that age now ;) )
Kids got own cars time for some fun

Thanks for all the help I've had in this forum - it's been a godsend :)

Cheers

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Well at least you solved your problem !!!
Good luck with the BM,hope you can afford the service costs,mind you if you get a 335d,then you`ll get a little back on fuel saved.If I got one I`d go for the 335d Touring
Cheers
MM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will be getting a 118d so mpg should be bit better than my C-max was returning.
Servicing will be at an independant :) -- learned my lesson with cost of alternator replacement at Frauds !!
C-Max has been a good workhorse - did 75k in it - but hated the EPB from day one

Cheers
Jim

Edited by: jimbo19

1 - 10 of 10 Posts