C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the tray that`s under the engine? Mine has busted around the front drivers side where it`s screwed to the underbody.If I can`t get one,I`ll drill a new hole & put a couple of plastic ties through.It`s not hanging down or coming off but I`d like it fixed.
Also,I need the part number for the under bonnet engine cover.I have the fittings for one,so seems logical to get one.
Cheers
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok,if no one knows the part numbers.
Does anyone know where I can GET the part numbers?
I know one or two have had to get the engine cover so maybe you know?
If I can`t get anything from our site,I`ll look on another forum that may give more info out.
MM

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I don't understand.....Why do you want the part numbers?

Part numbers are a dealership only thingand by Ford for idendification - the only ones who can get them for you are ones in the parts department. In which case if you are going in to order them they'll get them for you and show you on screen.

If you want them second hand then part numbers won't help you just find an equivalent model and give a breaker a description.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have ever used partsgateway,if you have the part number,they can get more quotes & better prices.If you only describe the part you want & it`s the wrong one,well then your back at square one.
I don`t have the time to keep phoning breakers & ford don`t give part numbers out unless your gonna buy from them.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ahhhh no.....there are FINIS codes that dealerships use that identfy the part but they're not written on the part itself. There are numbers on the part but they aren'tsolely used for identifing it. I thought you were after the FINIS codes.
Can't you just look at what is already on your part?

Failing that go into your local dealership and ask for a quote. They will give you them without purchasing but as I said...they won't be much help because they're only used for part ID from Ford point of view.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don`t have an engine cover which is why I`m searchingout the cost& the undertray is only loose on the one side & I`m just researching cost of new one.If I can`t get any joy,like I said to start with I`ll drill the existing one & secure it with a couple of cable ties (not a brilliant solution,but one that will have to surfice).

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking up from the front under the drivers side the front part has broken off,so the tray is only held on by the other front screw & the rear ones.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I`d thought of that & have all the stuff required,but as the piece thats broken is about 5mm thick & where the tray is screwed to the car,if I drill a hole to secure it to the underbody,I think it will weaken the patch needed,especially as it only needs to be 5x3cm.any larger & it would be to flexible around just around the area needed.Then there is the risk of the patch coming loose/off & I`d be back to square one.
I think the best solution for now is to drill 2 holes & put a cable tie through each & through the mounting on the underbody.

Gepard,I know the inserts you mean & it`s not those,it`s the actual tray where it screws to the underbody that has been snapped off leaving no way to secure the tray that side to the car.Hence a new tray or cable ties.

Thanks dorsetRichie for the 2 part numbers,the top one is the one needed.

Cheers everyone,got to get all prescriptions & letters sorted cos I see the insultant for my Crohn`s in the morning & on Weds I see another insultant about my reduced lung function.
MM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.