C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have just brought myself a 04 plate 1.8 Ghia and very pleased with it,BUT. When I start the car up there is a solid beep sound and wont turn off until after a few mins or I switch the parking sensors off.I have both front and rear and look like factory fit ones.Is this normal for this sound or would you think its a fault with the front sensors?.Also if I switch them off, will they activate when I stick it in reverse?.Thanks Dave

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi

I have factory fitted front and rear sensors. Mine do not beep when the car is started and are only active when reverse is engaged or activated with the button. In your case the solid beep at start up is not normal unless the configuration has changed over the years.

Ste

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have to look into this, I have also noticed when reversing its not very loud and if you have the radio on, its hard to hear.Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I moved the rear parking speaker into the panel behind rear passengers head and drilled a circle of holes thro the trim the approx dia of speaker.now i can hear it when reversing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for that, but could anyone advise, the switch on the dash,is this suppost to just turn off the front parking sensors and the rears will still work?I havant tried it, but as I have not long had the car,Iam not sure what is supposed to work and whats not.Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:I have taken to my Ford dealer, who changed the front inner sensors.Both were faulty, at a cost of £215.I now dont have the constant beeping, but Iam now £215 lighter!!.All said though, they were very helpfull.
. Thank youto those who posted a reply to my question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts