C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just wondering if it's possible to make the front windows one shot closing, I had this on my Mondeo and loved it; I have the 57 Zetec 1.8. could it be a simple relay change? Door switch change?

Any ideas?
Justso

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Do you mean when locking up with your fob?
It should be there already. Just hold the close button for 5 seconds and all windows will close. Also works on opening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lawe,
No I don't mean global opening or closing' although that would be nice. I mean pull the window switch up and hold, then let go, and the window goes all the way up to close by its self.

justso.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Ah, sorry! Didn't realisethe global open/close works only on all electric windows. You learn something new every day!

As for the window up in one hit, I would like that to.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Gepard said:
Again that's a feature on the all round electric window spec.......
Your right

I do have it on mine but for some reason I was thinking about about our other car. I blame coming off a week of nights, makes your brain go to put

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old post but I've got a high spec CMax with all-round electric windows. I feel sure that when I first got it, both front windows would do a one-shot-close. I now find that only the passenger windows does this.

Should my drivers window do this? If so, what is likely to be the problem?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If the buttons on the drivers window feel the same then yes they should. You may just need to reprogram them by pressing the switch all teh way down, holding until the window is down, then releasing and pressing it down again for a short period. Repeat for putting the window up.
I've yet to hear of a C-Max that has it only on the passenger....normally it's either only driver or all four.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a star! That's done the trick!
Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this problem where one of the rear window wouldn't "One click Close" and Gepard solution sorted it in minutes.

well done that man, thx

·
Registered
779 Posts
I personally think it's pretty crap that the Drivers window on my Zetec won't close with "one shot" but it will open. What is the utterly lamebrained thinking behind this GLARING omission? I mean, You can open the window with one press, usually when you are stopped or stopping, but then have to hold the button after you've set off, then need to let go and grab the wheel to change gear, then go back and finish the job. What kind of a MORON designed it like that. If I'd known it was like that before buying the car I think I may have had 2nd thoughts! I know it's minor but it seriously gets on my nerves! No other car I've had with Lecky windows has had one shot "down only".

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The rules about No one shot up come about as part of a safety issue (HOMOLOGATION REGULATIONS) after a small child got themselves caught by the neck by the window coming up after they stood on the door switches
There is an allowable control system to enable one shot up windows but it is costly and most manuf's don't want extra cost

I've got the regs if you want to see them yourselves

·
Registered
779 Posts
Fair comment Richard. How then do Citroen manage to provide a system which is so good that you could put an apple between the glass and the door and the window would sense it, stop and retract again, all within a lower price than Ford? I assume that is the system to which you refer. Also they seem to manage to put it on the Titaniums which appear to have "one shot" on all 4 windows which I consider un-neccessary incedentally. I'm afraid I am becoming less and less enamoured with my Max as time passes. Great drivers car and well made for sure, but the equipment level on the Zetec is just DIRE! Most of the things they include are either useless (Kiddy spy mirror, rear window sun blinds, seatback trays etc) or purely cosmetic, (Alloy wheels, Leather steering wheel and "privacy" glass) The REALLY useful stuff is relegated to the options list or is only available as part of a "pack" where you have to pay for all sorts of S**te you don't want, just to get the stuff you do. I mean, my sons 2001 Xsara LX has one shot closing WITH sensors AND climate control and it's nowhere NEAR the top of the range!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Also, what kind of a Numpty leaves a small child in a car where the systems are all live? Whatever happened to personal responsibility and common sense? Presumably it was the same kind of Numpty who pours petrol from a can to a jug in her kitchen with the gas cooker on! Something happens to ONE person and Governments immediately bring in knee jerk legislation to stop it happening again. They should EDUCATE, not Legislate! Some people don't have the wit they were born with and are beyond help. So we all suffer! You couldn't make it up!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Colin
The case with the window sensing is as you indirectly surmise cost as with evertything else which is why the useful additions are at extra cost
Just the way of the strange value added techniques of vehicle manufacturers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.