C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have to remove air filter or coolant pipes to get oil filter off it looks very awkward any help to a newbe

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I will indeed

I seem to remember all I did was take the pipe between the filter box and the inlet manifold off at the filter end and hold it out of the way while I undid the nut on the top of the filter with a socket with a U/J on it as well just to get it started. Once loose you can then undo by hand

Putting it back is the reverse method

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks richard g i thought iwas correct about taken pipe off seems a bit of badly placed position, have still kept on to Haynes about producing a workshop book.
skipper

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the info on where it is, I couldn't find it initially.
Here it is;

Use a 21mm for the sump plug and 27mm with a U-J and an extension bar for the filter housing. You may need to lift the boost pipe up to get the housing to clear it. I was changing the air filter anyway so I bent the filter housing back to get better access.
Craig

·
Registered
88 Posts
Undo the air hose from the turbo and rocker box emmission. Remove the electrical connection from air cleaner. Remove thick rubber "O" ring from air cleaner. Then lift the whole of the air cleaner box out of the car. Protect turbo by placing a clean rag in inlet. The oil filter is mounted upside down. So put rags around the oil filter to soak up any spillage. This area will be well oily from previous oil changes.Edited by: robclarke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts