C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to have new tyres fitted to the front end of a 1.6tdci zetec, any one got any recomendations, currently on Bridgestone Turanza ER300 W rated, i can get these for £67 a piece, and they seem to wear quite well (18000 mls). It will be intresting to see if any one has any better alternatives.

nice one

sid

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Don't know about better
Our 1.6TDci is on Goodyear NCT 5's set at 36 PSI all round
They're all at around 5mm after nearly 2 years and only bought 1 new tyre in all that time

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I`ve got Avons & they are very good.However,I think I might try the NCT`s next as I think they might have a little less road noise.The trade off being not quite as grippy.I`ll wait untill replacement time then have a good think,but I`ll still get them from e-tyres whichever I go for.
MM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sort of price can you get the good years for?.
Before the bridgestones i ran on Dunlop SP01 which ran quite well but not a lot of grip though.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
BMTR at either Coleshill or Perry Barr were going to do them for £80 some while ago
HiQ did my last one for less but then I also had a Dunlop employees discount on it as well which helped

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Sid
Per the PM the local B'ham references are of course no use to you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have a look at Event Tyres.

I bought 4 Michelin Pilot Primacy HP's from here for my 2.0tdci and was very pleased with the price, and they come to you to fit. Better prices than etyres, and you don't pay till they have been fitted as well. Excellent service. http://www.event-tyres.co.uk

As for the tyres, very pleased with noise, grip etc and seem to wear better that the Bridgestones Turanza's that were on. Look at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk for reviews of tyres.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If you only are after 1 then do note event have an £85 minimum order

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 4 Dunlop SP Sport 2000 tires on my C-max. The grip and noise levels are very good in both dry and wet weather. The price was a fluke.

Greetz
BIG charlie

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just purchased 2 Michelin Energy Savers for the wifes Modus, and belive it or not QuickFit were the cheapest.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
For those who were going to have the NCT's
Goodyear have stopped making them and I believe have the Efficient grip as it's replacement. I've just had two fitted to the front and the initial feeling is that they are quiter than the NCT and seem to live up to the 15% less rolling resistance than others

Some police forces seem also to be using tham
http://tirereview.com/Article/65642/goodyears_efficientgrip_fitted_on_uk_police_fleets.aspx

It's also had it's first tank of BP Ultimate having been doing 50 MPG so I'll see if there is any significant improvement in the MPG

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've generally been happy with Primacy HPs (note the HP is a different tyre from the bog standard Primacy)

I've got one under the front of my 2L TDCi and it's now done 25k and still has 4.5 mm tread left. The other 3 have all been replaced prematurely :-(

They definitely outlast the Conti SportContact2s that I had before by a healthy margin... anecdotal evidence at least that they're worth a premium over similarly priced tyres due to longevity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts