C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Another Newbie here. I don't have a C-Max yet, but I hired one in the summer and was so impressed that I want toditch my V***hall and get a C-Max as soon as possible. Is now a good time? It needs to be automatic. Also, what's the difference between a C-Max and a Focus C-Max? Any other suggestions? Many thanks, Bish

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hello Bish,nice to have you with us.
As lawe says there is no real difference apart fro the Focus C-Max being the original model & the C-Max having a slight face lift & different front fog lights + one or two other slight mods.Apart from that the engines & spec levels are the same.
MM

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be careful about getting the 2.0 Auto. I have one and it is very thirsty by today's standards. I've had a bearable 39-40mpg on a motorway trip but my wife can't even get 24mpg on short trips around town. I didn't have a lot of choice in the end as she wanted the high driving positionand big boot and I couldn't afford the diesel auto. We had horrible experiences with other dealers (Toyota had no stock to sell us; Nissan would not negotiate; Renault preferred to wine and dine existing customers than give me a test drive; What Car frightened me off the Zafira because of reliability problems etc etc) Although it is nine years youngermy C-Max does the same mpg as my old Toyota Avensis 1.8 auto, which is really not good enough.

I have three other gripes about the C-Max:

1. Serious reflection problems from the top of the dashboard - sometimes you can't see in bright sunlight. Major design fault that would have been a dealbreaker if I had noticed it on test drive.
2. Uncomfortable drivers seat after a few miles - the problem is the lack of thigh support and the distance to the side/door which means it doesn't support your right leg. This is probably personal to me, but I don't like it
3. Specific to the Zetec model (the only one I could get in less than 3 months) the bl***dy black glass on the back! Makes me terrified to pick up my daughter from the local station at night as I can't see to reverse in poor streetlight.

My advice is be sure you've tried all other possibilities first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.