C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the standard Ford 2003-2007 mudflaps will fit a ghia model?
I have an extra plastic trim that runs from the front wheel arch and along the sill. really need to get front set as i have noticed stone chip damage on the bottom rear door part of the sill where it bows out.. I haveseen some posts on here relating to this damage.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I would have thought a trip to view the spare parts computer may be in order to check even if you don't then buy

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi, winter's coming so get those mud flaps fitted !!

forgive me if repeating myself. my first zetec max was mud flapped and when i traded it for the current ghia max i was going to remove the mud flaps but noticed the trim along the sills.

there are 2 front types but it did take thefordstores a bit of searching to establish the difference and get them for me. slight cut out on the front one to accomodate the extra plastic. backs are the same.

hold on------------(trip to filing cabinet)------------------ah hah!

got invoices which show backs as F1466001. (old max fronts F1526378.) and the all important ghia fronts F1338160.H.T.H.but don't be suprised if they have superceeded these nos.

·
Registered
304 Posts
yeh TT just availed my self of fronts & rears, quite surprising amount of paint damage that occurs with out em !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top Man!! just the info i needed. Thanks I will go to dealers on Monday.. Were they easy to fit?

·
Registered
153 Posts
easy to fit with the right tools! torx headed drivers, posi head driver too i think. set of gas pliers for to squeeze clamp it thingy.
fronts will need wheels turning to ease access. rears will need jacking up at least or eventake off the wheels to get at things easier.

well worth doing.
. winter is coming.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just fitted some to mine not because they look good but because your sills get a hamering without them,they should be fitted as standard ,if you havent got them fitted look at your sills!

I rest my case

·
Registered
304 Posts
doddle to fit, was able to fit them with wheels on, plenty of room. Its shocking the damage without em !

·
Registered
153 Posts
cats wiskers!! more like the dogs danglies. proper kit.

bet i could fit them one handed, blindfold over the phone...........

salt, pinch, winter is coming, or its got very cold on here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi got the mudflaps... F1338160

I am totally baffled on how to fit them! I have followed the instructions and straight a way i saw a problem.. the pictures did not match up with the flaps. God this is complicated to explain...lol
I have a grey plastic trim that run along the length of the car. covering the bottom half of the sill.
this carries on into the wheel arch covering the bottom first four inches. i will try and take a pic and post if you didn't mind maybe you could confirm yours is the same.. this trim in my veiw is in the way and does not allow aflush fittingagainst the wheel arch.

one things for sure i will never make a mechanic!

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi
you may have the wrong flaps i think ford part is 1526378but the existing stone chip protector alreadt fitted may replace the option of fitting mud flaps,good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
please accept my most sincere apologies, i have got the part nos. the wrong way around. have checked my invoices and the new fronts for your car will be F 1526378.
i had a 50/50 chance of getting it wrong.
. right!

i trust you can exchange them..............

sorry again, coat, hat, door..................

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doris........

many thanks... Took flaps back.. no problem changed for correct one's. fitted in minutes..

my confidence when tinkering with car's is now restored

A note to all GHIA owners.. If you need to fit front Mud Flaps the finis Number is 1526378

thanks to Doris.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
a worth while addition. glad we got there in the end, i was mortified to realize i'd got the numbers wrong.
sparky666 is on the ball.
pleased it turned out OK in the end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts