C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how you all doing , im just wondering on your veiws on actual mpg and computer read out?
Let me explain, on a recent 340mls round trip on 95% motorway the computer gave a average mpg of 60.5 but when i brimmed the tank and did a caculation the result was 56.8 mpg. Has any body else found this sort of variance? And is this any good for a 1.6 tdci 109 ztec, i did have the aircon on and used the overboost a touch!!!! (pulling away from volkswagen tdi drivers never gets old!!!!
)

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi im trying to figure out this very same problem! im trying to figure out if the fuel trip tells the truth im getting 59 mpg ton a full tank and then by the end of the tank im getting 37 mpg i just dont understand as my driving stays thesame!! im trying to boost my mpg and nothing seems to work!!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I`ve just got back from a second trip to Devon in 2 weeks.1st run I got 62mpg onthe run there & back & averaged 55 while there.2nd trip got 57 going down (more traffic) & the same average while there,but,coming home last nite I got 70mpg ( checked mileage & fuel before leaving & refilled & calculated mpg on miles & speed & fuel used)).This was doing 70 mph with tyres 35 front & 41 rear + 3 adults with totally full boot & spare rear seat full too.This also inculded being stationary on M5 for 15 mins not moving with a/c on.
I did reset the Tunit before leaving Devon as I`d been running it on 5 while there & 7 on the way back.
We are going back down in a few weeks (half term) so I`ll put in the same setting & see what happens.It`ll be slightly different as there will only be 2 of us.
Overall I`m well chuffed with the mpg
Also after each run there & the return run I got out feeling fresh & relaxed.
Wife said it was cos I was looking forward to a beer at the Devon end each time.
Naa not me
MM

·
Registered
7 Posts
On another subject, sid mentioned pulling away from a vw tdi. I can only imagine the tdi driver wasnt trying.

Ive a 130 bora, and have just changed the wifes 110 octaviafor a 1.8 tdi cmax. and there not much in it as regards performance.

I'd never knock the vw, especially for quality. I only hope the C max will be as good when its on 98k, and as reliable getting there. Im optimistic though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts