C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lights in the front footwells
Rear wiper mod
all depends on what you mean cheap and what your into
I have had allthe rearwindows of mine tinted, only cost me £60 but i know the bloke who did it well. You are probably normally looking at about £200

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Footwell lights in mine just needed bulbs (blue ) + blue bulbs in cabin lighs above driver & passengers heads.
Rear wiper change for Citoen typr £18 inc delivery (got it from partsgateway)
Chromed exhaust tail pipe end £25,chromed sill/scuff plates £30.
Tunit tuning box £450

K&N air filter £35
Green Stuff brake pads ( f & r) £80.
Phillips high power headlight bulbs (main & dipped)
All of these things have made my Max more (homely) and a nicer place to be.
MM

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
There is a whole thread about the footwell lights in that various spec have the holders in place already and all you do is out the bulbs in

The improved H/Lamps are a worthy addition as well

Front mudflaps are also useful if only to protect the sills from stonechips

·
Registered
54 Posts
has anyone attempted to sand,spray and laquer the plastic fog surrounds and black parts of front and rear bumpers its something im considering as a winter project bit at a time as im getting fed up having to use black to black (autoglym bumper care) as the trim is fading awful

Cheers

Edited by: Couger

·
Registered
133 Posts
spraying the fog surrounds it quite easy, you need plastic primer, prob best then to use high build primer so that you get a smooth surface to spray your base coat on to. just let each coat dry well, you can run the high build primer down easily to get rid of any imperfections

·
Registered
232 Posts
Front door sill protectors from ford £30
rear door sill protectors ebay £15
mp3 ipod socket £10
later type CMax badge ebay £6
metal tyre valve caps
k&n panel filter
Blacked out windows in darkest available tint, rear only
Total baint buff up using 3mPerfectit and autoglym. Paintwork looks as smooth as glass now.
Edited by: marshal

·
Registered
232 Posts
OOH ER MRS

Thing is thePerfectit 3M stuff is quite expensive, but it brings up the paint real nice. Gotta do a friends mini cooper on friday after they say the cmax they wanted it done. Use lots of water with the 3m stuff you cant go in dry as you could burn the paint.
Edited by: marshal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers Lawe, thanks for your reply.

I changed my wooden interior trims as they don't look very exiting! I covered my passenger dash trim with aluminium foil tape which is used in roofing. This is quite tricky to use but after a few attempts it looks a lot better and cheaper than buying from a Ford dealer. To finish it off I purchased from Ebaythe small Ford emblem which is situated on the flip key remote and attatched it to the left hand side of the trim. This has finished it off well.I will post some pics soon.
I coveredthe gear lever wood trim in carbon fibre sheet also found on Ebay.

Along with the carbon fibre sheet I changed the gearknob for the aluminium one.

The aluminium foil tape has come in handy as I've also covered the front fog light trim ring in it too! This now looks like the latest Ford Focus/Mondeo ST type trim. As I'm happy with the way it looks the next thing is to buy the aluminium rings from Ford and adapt them to fit mine. They are £15 each from Ford.

Hope these little tweaks has helped, cheers

Edited by: sennact

1 - 17 of 17 Posts