C-Max Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 CMax Titanium has the feature of being able to open or lock the car door by touching the door handle if you have the ignition key nearby.

It stopped doing this yesterday. I can open and close the door using the button on the fob. I tried using the other fob by having it close by, but that did not work either.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, can you recommend a solution to fix the problem?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2018 CMax Titanium has the feature of being able to open or lock the car door by touching the door handle if you have the ignition key nearby.

It stopped doing this yesterday. I can open and close the door using the button on the fob. I tried using the other fob by having it close by, but that did not work either.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, can you recommend a solution to fix the problem?

I had the same problem with my 2013. At the risk of sounding stupid, since I'm retired I only drive 2-3 times a week. Where I normally park, the passenger side gets a 1/2 day of sunlight & driver side maybe an hour due to buildings and/or trees. On a whim, I reversed parking [backing into slot instead of just pulling in]. 2 days later lock worked fine. I assume the problem was excess moisture helped by locally heavy rains and frosts or morning dews. Now I flip parking back and forth and haven't had any more problems. Hope this helps, if not, it was just another stupid idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts

It is likely that the Touch Sensitive doorhandle has failed. I have experienced this on my mothers C-Max. Replacing the driver side Exterior door handle solve the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts