C-Max Owners Club banner

ISOFIX - Urgent!! Thanks :)

69K views 61 replies 18 participants last post by  Bigmanseer 
HI Mak1

did you get the isofix fitted? how did they do it? anyone else reading this had it done? Dealer has told me it cannot be done but these posts are getting my hopes up! Someone please tell me it can be done by dealer!!!

Sarah

Thanks so much For your quick response! I have emailed your pic to the manager atmy dealership along with a quote from another person who had the same issue! I cannot believe they told me it was not possible to add it post manfacture!!!! we returned the car seat to the shop and everything!!!! Hoping they still have one in stock cos it is getting pretty close to the time we are gonna need it!!

Thanks again for your help - my dealer is normally fab - know them verywell but on this issue they seem foxed!

Thank goodness for forums!!!!

Sarah

Yeah after being told that isofix could not be added now we switched to the maxi cosi with easy base only to be told by the shop it is not compatible because of teh leg issue as your friend was advised! A britax trainedfitter (who is now a Health Visitor) told me yesterday thatcmax is notoriously difficult with car seats!

I have just phoned my contact at the dealer and the manager is off so noone had picked up my emails this morning. Have now forwarded to a new address and told them the name of your dealer - mine are now concerned that there might be some legal disclaimer or something to be signed before they can fit it!!! I have suggested they phone JOhn Grose as they have already fitted at least one isofix in cmax!

Congratulations on your daughter - cannot wait to meet mine now (tho if it can hang on till we have isofix points in the car I will be happier!!!! Will let you know if it ever gets sorted!

Cheers
Sarah

HI again Mike

This still has not been sorted withmy dealer - starting to get a little cheesed off with them to tell you the truth. At 39 weeks pregnant this a hassle I don't need and they don't see to grasp the urgency of the issue!

anyway, after they called yesterday and said the manager would call me back later in the day and he was dealing with it, guess what? no call! tried today and i know my contact is off on a tuesday but so is the manager-agghh!! I spoke to the service manager cos his name has been banded about in conversations but he knows nothing about it but is trying to find out something for me and trying to sort it.

In the meantime, i am not holding out hope now for them so wondered if you could help again. I know your dealer is JOhn Grose in Ipswich - could you give me a contact name of someone there whol will know about this issue as I am thinking of going to a different garage and telling them to phone your contact in Ipswich and trying to get it sorted that way as at least there is someone at your garage knows about this!

ANy help/info/advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated! SOrry for long message!

sarah

HI thanks for your message.
YEah we haev looked at seatbelt secured options but are not hapy when the isofix is the much safer option and we bought the car based on it being a safe family car assuming isofix was standard not an optional extra!

Also, even seatbelt infant carriers pose problems as ford seatbelts are notoriously short (apprently) and in teh cmax the centre has to be folded down adn the 2 outside seats pushed as far back poss (like for tall passenger) to achieve satisfactory length of setbelt! We are looking at borrowing a seat for now and either doing this or getting a lift home from the hospital in a relative's car that definitely fits infant car seats.

Hi Mike

After the wees of problems with the isofix for the group 0 car seat a few months ago, I am now looking ahead to group 1 in a few months! Have you had any joy with group 1 isofix fits yet? Would love to know which models fit! Thanks!!

Sarah

HI Mike!

I know I am a bit previous in looking at groups 1 seats already and have heard that rear facing as long as possible is the safest option but I don't want to end up on the last minute.

I eventually had a little girl on 16 June. SHe is doing really well and is now 4 months old. If she keeps growing at her current rate she may well have her head above the seat by 9 months so will then need a new one - I now it is still a while off but I would like to know what is out there and what is possible!
As and when you do look at getting a new seat I would love to know how you get on if you donlt mind emailing/posting on here.

Cheers
SArah

The problem is though the manufacturers do not advise it and therefore many Nursery companies with trained car seat fitters will not sell it to you as the manufacturers say they do not fit safely!

We got sorted anyway - rear facing brio zento fitted in teh middle seat (so not isofix) but the added safety of rear facing till age 4 and middle of the car made it worth foregoing the isofix fastenings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.