C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have the standard ford 6000cd unit with the aux button. Was just wondering how easy it would be to connect my mp3 player. Is there a plug in for the back of the radio where i can route the mp3 connection inside the glove box. Im sure i read i post about it but i cant find it.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
If you don`t have a connection plug in the glove box,you need to go to a dealer & get the2 leads.Then you will need someone with a set of keys to remove the head unit.
I had help from a fellow member doing this & we had to run the leads from the rear of the unit,through the back of the facia & in to the glove box via the hinge opening.I know this sounds complex,but in reality it is quite easy and took about 1/2 hour to do.
Once fitted you can only adjust the volume on your mp3/ipod from the column remote,you can`t change tracks.
Sound quality is good though.
The 2 leads will set you back about £26 for both.Don`t let them talk you into having it fitted by them as it will cost upwards of £100 + leads.
Best of luck
MM

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mike. Its as simple as that. AsI work for fordI should get a bit off the leads. My local ford dealer is doing an offer £79 + vat to do this job, but if its as easy as you describe I'll give it a go.
you dont happen to have the finis code for the kit do you?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got my wiring kit, but when i took out the radio the little socket is already being used, is this the controll for my steering column controlls.

have not fitted it yet, dont want to muck about with the wiring

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gepard said:
IIRC it's the left hand one as you're looking at the connector from the side that plugs in the radio....
what I am saying it that on mine the socket is being used, so i cant plug in the mp3 kit.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ah apologies, how many wires are coming out? And in what positions? If it's three in the same it means you've already got an aux somewhere in the vehicle so you can just unplug it. The steering controller is a resistive based system and only needs two wires but I'm 99.9% sure it's plugged into the other side. Is there more/less than three?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After some research i have now found out what the white plug is.. If you look at the black plug on the rear of your radio and you have the smaller white plug already there it means that the wiring is pre-instaled for the aux mp3. All you have to do is buy the jack aux in socket from ford and plug it in...thing is, ithe glove box has to come out. I found this vid on another forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTiTCj_b8A.

Different radio to mine but the plug is the same

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I did not have to take the glove box out when I wired mine up,just passed the wires through into the glove box.
MM

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, now i know what the white multi plug is for, i think in the long run it will be easier to un-plug the original, and plug in the one from the mp3 kit. Rather than routing around behind the glove box trying to find the plug. Dont realy fancy poking about behind the airbag anyway

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i went for it. Took out the glovebox and found the pre-wired plug. Job was easier than i thought. It took me an hour to do. very very simple job. Now i've got my mp3 player through the radio, and also when the kids have the dvd players on that can go through the speakers too.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Nice one.
At least in yours you had a pre wired plug.
Mine was very much a diy job,but,hey,it works
MM

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there.

I've been rummaging around the forums and am really happy you have all been clever enough to work this out. However, I'm not really that up on all this.

When you talk about finding the plugs behind the glove box and stuff... do you have any images at all? Or pointers on what it is I'm looking for?

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts