C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I did a search and couldnt find it, also I dont have any manuals with my C-Max hence the request.

My radio is the 6000 CD model ( 04 1.6 tdci ) - I read other posts about the AUX button but I have the CDDJ button; have no idea what this means?
Question is, can I still get a kit from Ford to install an 3.5mm jac for AUX in or not?

Many thanks
Gareth

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Gareth.

You may have the wiring pre-installed. Any ford dealer will remove you radio for free. then take a look at the multi plug at the back. if theres a small white plug with 3 wires in it you've already got the mp3 pre wired it will be behind the glove box, and just need to buy the ford AUX in socket.

if not then you'll need the full wiring kit

i did mine on monday if you need any tips im only too pleased to help. was a very very easy job to do.

you'll need a T20torx screwdriver though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTiTCj_b8A
Edited by: marshal

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I thought with the 6000 with the CDDJ button you couldn't do the Aux set up
If not do you happen to have the ford part number please

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok if you need the full wiring kit the ford finis No is 1426121 they're around £19

If you have the wire already installed you just need the AUX socket, finis No 1365708. around £3.50

there are some genuine fordfull kits on ebay ranging from £12 -20 just search "ford mp3"

I got the full kit and only needed the socket. so i have the cable left over...any one want it for £7

·
Registered
133 Posts
you wont be able to get the radio to work with the aux lead from fords as you have the CDDJ button, you will need to buy a radio with the aux button instead, then fit the lead from fords.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Or as I discovered back some while ago

Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:44pm

I found the following though I think a chat with dension before ordering is a wise ,ove
http://dension.klikhome.co.uk/products.php?pageID=32

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Ford_iPod_Car_Kit/Desion_Ford_Gateway_100_Ipod_Car_Kit/Ford_ice%3ELink_Gateway_100

The Dension Gateway 100 iPod Car Kit for Ford, Dension's new and improved in car iPod solution for your vehicle. The Gateway 100 offers complete iPod integration to your factory fitted stereo, with an easy and pain free installation. Simply connect the gateway harness to the CD Changer socket on the back of your radio and prepare yourself for unlimited use of your iPod when ever want and where ever you're going. Just imagine having access to all of your MP3 MUSIC collection at the touch of a button.

Dension are the market leaders in integrated iPod car solutions and have gathered an enormous amount of respect within the industry for continually producing kits that push boundaries of consistency and user interface. The Gateway 100 is no exception, with additional features that the previous version of the kit (Ice>link plus) didn't have, such as gateway addon's in the form of Bluetooth adapters and CD Retention Kits. The Gateway 100 iPod car kit isn't only a car kit, but a car multimedia centre.

Gateway Operation is simple; when connected to the factory fitted radio the Gateway emulates a CD Changer (as far as the radio is concerned) the gateway PCB then translates the iPod Data to a compatible signal that radio is capable of reading, meaning you get full control of your iPod and music while your iPod is being charged when connected

·
Registered
250 Posts
Whoa there! 127 quid
plus change !!! I think I might just be keeping the old earphones around a bit longer.
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers all - looks like I have to find a new head unit with 'AUX' - any ideas on availability / pricing of these or is there a better upgrade?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw one the other day on ebay from a fiesta go for £11 plus postage. dont get one from a mondeo because it wont fit properly, differance shape front. After market double din head units are very expensive, you could just buy a normal radio with an adapter play could picka nice sony one up new for about £50 with an aux input, you could also get the nice sony double din that were an option in the cmax from ebay but they usually got for £100ish

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
romseyraver said:
Whoa there! 127 quid
plus change !!! I think I might just be keeping the old earphones around a bit longer.

don't let PC Plod see you with earphones in whilst driving .... they don't like it at all

·
Registered
133 Posts
the radio that gerard suggested wont fit because its form a mondeo and they have a tapered front, so you will need one form a fiesta, focus or cmax

·
Registered
133 Posts
Depending on how much you want to pay, I just got a Bluetooth kit from eBay for£70 then a Bluetooth dingle for £20, the kit is called "io play" you can connect your iPod and phone to it. It works indepently to the stereo and has neat little controller which can fwd on tracks on the iPod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a box from an outfit called Connects2.com that makes my ipod work with a CDDJ head unit. The part number was AFOIPOD005, but it isn't terribly reliable, and whipping out the head unit to disconnect and reconnect the adaptor is something I have to do a few times a year. The advantages are
(i) it charges the ipod
(ii) you can skip forward/back tracks with the stalk controls
(iii) the ipod pauses if you change to radio or CD

You might try to see if you can get one, or drop Connects2 an email and see if they have a suggestion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got one of these but couldn't get it to work with my radio so I sent it back got a second and that didn't work so I ended up getting the ioPlay. My radio has the aux button, it's strange the connects2 works with the cddj button as almost all the iPod interfaces say they don't work with that headunit, it's good it works for you though.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Most say they don't work as they utilise the aux-in audio connection which the CDDJ lacks. As cd changers are a very manufactuer specific thing it generally isn't beneficial to develop units for every single manufactuer particualary when external cd changers are becoming non existant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.