C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Has anyone any experience of a 'leaking' injector? It still sounds like it is working so fingers crossed it is just a broken down seal.

Any guidance would be great, thanks
Oh yes, its a 54 1.6tdci

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
How much fuel is obvious on the surrounding parts?
Have you tried making sure all the pipework joints / nuts are tight?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very little fuel, haven't tried the joints and nuts as of yet. The problem only started after a little Italian tuning at the weekend.
I have consulted a mechanic, he quickly diagnosed it as a seal beakdown but couldn't be positive, I wanted to consult you guys (and Gals) before i take it in.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Italian tuning or otherwise should not affect fuel leaks and a seal breaking down ought to be losing significant amounts I would have thought

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, will tell all when I know more, praying its not time for a new injector, the bank manager will not be happy!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know how easily accessible the injectors are? They are easy enough to see but removing them is another matter I assume, not that I'm contemplating the job myself but the mechanic I use has never done one and would like a bit of info before he starts, any guidance would be great please.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Is it the Emissions Level S or the emissions Level K engine
If you PM me an external email to which I can attach a file I'll send you the page from the TIS as a PDF

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Richard I have tried to PM you but having trouble, it appears you have exceeded your allowance, and how do I find out the emissions level? Is it part of the VIN number?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Will sort that now
The emission code is one of the letters on the VIN plate I'll try to sort that as well

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The emissions code is the very bottom character on the left hand side of the VIN plate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.