C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone help please?
My father in law has a 54 plate 1.6 petrol C Max. He is getting an intermittent problem with the left indicator. Sometimes it will work fine and then suddenly it will not work at all. He took it to a local garage where they changed the switch on the column but this has not cured the fault at all!

Does anyone know where I should be looking to try and remedy this?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
There could be a loose connection or broken wiring.I had the engine cooling fan stop working when the a/c was switched on but worked normally with just the engine running.I had an independant auto eletrician look at it & the wiring had broken down.It looked fine from the outside but inside the plastic covering it was busted.He says it`s a common fault on fords and it can happen on any part of the wiring loome.If you go to ford,they will try one thing after another & just run up you costs.My sparkie had my Max for 2 days,found the broken section,replaced it and total cost was £138 inc vat.The hardest prat was locating the broken section,but once found he replaced the whole lot.
MM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry forgot to say the dash light does illuminate when the indicator is on.

I will check all wires, etc and if still no joy then will go to an auto electrician.

Thanks for the all the help everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
when it stops working does it all stop or does one bulb just stop.
I'm wondering if there is something clever with CANBUS where rather than it flash at double speed if one bulb is out(or not earther properly)it doesn't flash at all. Might be worth a check at the lamp (more likely rear) earths

When it is working also try putting the indicator on and then puting some or all of the other rear lamps on to see if there is any earth problems and anything else starts to flash in sympathy

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
nsb1975 said:
Sorry forgot to say the dash light does illuminate when the indicator is on.

I will check all wires, etc and if still no joy then will go to an auto electrician.

Thanks for the all the help everyone.
Then the garage really shouldn't have charged you for a new stalk.....

Best bet is to get a copy of the TIS and it'll show all the wiring and connector locations which you can then have a look at. You can normally find them floating around on ebay for a couple of quid. It just depends how quickly you want it fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts