C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just bought a 54 c-max ghia. Love the car and great to drive! Not as great on fuel as I thought thought, on the first tank I was only able toaverage 38mpg, 10-12 less than my previous Audi A4 and Seat Toledo with the same type of driving. Unfortunately at present, the car is with Ford with a fault (Postedunder "technical"), hopefully get it back soon!!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hi Andrew,welcome to the site.
Not long after getting my 2.0TDCI I started putting a measure of Millers in at each fill up.That improved it,but as it`s £10 a bottle I now only put it in 1 in 3.Still get the better mpg though.
MM

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Andrew

Yesterday I did a 600 mile round trip in my 2004 2.0 TDCI Scarborough - Warminster - Scarborough two up and got 59mpg going and 54mpg return computer trip reset each time. The return trip was very wet so pushing all that water off the road must have cost the extra fuel used, speed was around legal limit plus a bit.

Regards and welcome Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Ed,

Thats good going! My probwas the few short trips into town, only getting about 27mpg. When on the motorway however, still not reaching your figures. With this said, I have owned the car for 2 weeks, but it hasbeen in the garage last 9 days and has so far had the fuel filter changed and is now having the fuel injectors changed (fortunately the garage I bought the car from is paying!). Hopefully with these changes it will return better mpg. I shallkeep everyone informed!

AndrewEdited by: howser17

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.