C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the rear bumper and just want to check I don't force anything I shouldn't.

So farI have found 2 torx screws in each wheel arch, 2 bolts behind the rear reflectors, 2 plastic screws/clips under the car and I think there are 2 nuts behind the covers in the wheel arches. Are there any more fixings to remove first?

Does the white plastic section on inside and on the left and right of the bumper come away with it or will that remain in place when just the bumper is removed?

Once all the fixings are off does it come away easily or is there a technique to lift it away?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As i'm on the subject of taking the car apart, what does the TIS say about removing the glovebox? Is it just the 4 Torx Screws or do I have to remove more of the bits either side first?

Thanks

Edited by: jmwhooper

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I don't have the TIS to hand atm but I've done it a few times and from memory the glove box is a hard one.....Center console, trim under dash (in front of fusebox), trim aroundgear stick,trim underneath the gear stick (Ford call center console extension) Trim on end of the dash and then you have 2 Torx in the top with the door open, 2 holding the latch on,1 underneath and one at the side. Pull it out a little and then you have to disconnect the aux in if you've fitted it and the glovebox interior light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi did you get your bumper off? I am trying to get mine off. I have taken 2 hex screws from the inside dirt covers in the arch removed the reflectors and nuts behind them it seems it is ready to come off but is stuck at either side, I have looked underneath and seen what looks like a plastic lug coming through the metal from the inside bumper plastic do these pop out and there is also a very small nut above these does this need to be undone? if so how because this is where I am stuck! argh help

·
Registered
21 Posts
if i'm reading this right, yes the 2 nuts above the white lugs need to be removed, just make sure you clean the threads up as much as possible first, then to release the bumper you have to pull out one side releasing the lug, then do the same the other side. But than again you have prob worked this out by now :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was going to put a towbar on my car, but it seemed too much hassle, so I paid a professional. He had the bumper off in 10 minutes flat. I think all the bolts and screws you mention in your original post are all of them. I think it came off quite easily once all screws were removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.