C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from my hols in Wales and what a cracking break for all the family.
Stayed in New Quay, about 20 miles from Aberystwyth and the roads around were truely beautiful.
I set the Sat Nav on shortest route going there and boy did it find all the hills and single track roads

Now the highlights. I set the cruise for 60 there and back and got 62 mpg at one point but it settled down to 60 mpg which is the best so far. Now that is with a family of four,a boot FULL of luggage and shopping etc and tyres set at the right PSI, 35/41.
As for the driving around Wales with all the hills, single track roads I still managed 42 mpg.

But look at the state of the car:

In need of a mega wash but so worth it in finding these:

Just as we were heading home, I found these rotting away in a side ditch with the first one I so want!

and a true mystery:

Well with nearly 1,000 miles added, the CMax never missed a beat and performed what I wanted from it, even more so when a tractor or lorry got in the way
Edited by: lawe

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time.I`m off to Devon(twice) in the next couple of weeks.1st time just me & the wife,2nd time taking son (acts just like Kevin!!).
Lookin forward to stretching the C-max`s legs on a decent long run
MM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just got back from the south of france, the car averageded 62mpg on the French autoroute at a steady 75 mph over a 1000 mile run. (1.6 tdci 109)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts