Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, new on here,I have 2007 1.6 tdci (109) Zetec. Dave

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hi Dave nice to have you with us.
How long have you been running your Max & what are your thoughts ?
MM

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi MM, this is second c max I've had,1st was new 54 plate 1.6 tdci,was so impressed bought current one sept 2007. However,complained numerous times about it not running as I thought it should do,they finally changed crank sensor last thurs and it seems a lot more lively and better on fuel. Pity it took them almost 2 years to suss it. Only other niggle is lack of dimmer for dash lights that was present on the other one,find them too bright at night for me. D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to join the club

I have a question, just bought a 2007 Titanium 2.0 TD and was concerned about slight steering wheel vibration so went to kwik fit for wheel balance which has partially cured it although I still feel a slight vibration around 60/65 mph should I be concerned?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Greetings & welcometo the site
Have you got the tyre pressures the samet on both sides? Other than that,have you had the tracking done or is one tyre worn more than the other?
MM

·
Registered
5 Posts
MM

I only got the car 3 weeks ago and all tyres are new or nearly new. At Kwik Fit I asked them to check the front wheels as I had a slight vibration at 60/65 they did this and it is better however, there is still a slight 'tremor' at that speed. As I am driving in Europe next month didnt want to set off and encounter a problem.

Perhaps I will take it to the Ford dealer as it still has 15 months of warranty left on it

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Big D
I believe it may be possible to change the lighting swich for the one that includes the dimmer control ( this is the one with the front fog lamps) as it appears as thought the connection for the instrument lighting dimmer is behind this as part of the wiring loom though I haven't been able to confirm that the loom is the same whatever the spec level or build date of the vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
MM

Thought I would let you know that I did ok on the European trip(Gibraltar and back), over 3500 miles and the C Max performed great, still encountered some slight vibration in front wheels at times (I had increased tyre pressures for heavier load) but overall the trip was faultless car-wise (apart from having a ''disagreement'' with a French driver on a roundabout outside Tours! fortunately my only damage was to left rear alloy wheel.

Driving on French and Spanish motorways is a doddle, particularly so as I was 'off season'. Diesel was cheapest in Gib (68p per litre) with motorway prices in Spain around 98p and France around or above UK prices.

I have deduced that the front tyres fitted need careful inflation to the correct pressure, otherwise the vibration may at times appear, if it persistsI will take it back to the Ford dealer who had already fitted a new front nearside tyre anda wheel balance.

Having moved up from the Zetec to the Titanium the difference is quite noticeable particularly as the Zetec was 1.8 petrol and the Titanium is 2.0 TD. If I have 1 complaint it is that the drivers 'elbow rest' for the left arm is a bit low (on the Zetec it was a pivotal arm that swung down) and also when you extend the elbow rest it interferes with the bottle holder ie cant get at it. Otherwise so far am happy with the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
Re wheel judder, try swopping the front wheels to the rear ,this may highlight any problems with worn suspension parts or it may even get rid of the vibration at the front and transfer it to the rear which would indicate a balancing problem ,this can be common on alloy wheels as the balance weights are not often put on the outside of the rims where they are needed for cosmetic reasons but if your wheel is not true outside weights may cure this also if your discs are warped or out of balance this can cause juddering.
hope this is of some use

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello People,

Just joined this site.

Not long Aquired a TDCI 2.0 Ghia. Lovin' it at the mo but there is an annoying rattle coming from one of the rear seats and I cannot pin point it!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site.
What year is your Max?
Have you checked the rear seat belts are back against the plastic guide and not against one of the doors?
MM

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
As it is possible to completelty remove the seats try tipping them forward and seeing if the retaining clips underneathe are fully secure and that the seat is down properly

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheers MetalMicky08 & Richard G.

it's a 2003 plate. I've checked the seatbelts and had all three seats out to inpspect and found nothing. It sounds like it's coming from underneath the seat.

First time i've owned a diesel and I can't believe how well it pulls - even with family on board! Just thinking about it, the rattle stopped when I had all three seats occupied in the back.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
try folding each seat in turn for both stages and see which removes the noise

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'VE FOUND IT!!!!

Only taken just over six months but no more annoying noise from the rear, YES!!!!

I mean I haven't been looking for it for six months. I just happen to lower and re-engage one of the rear seats and notice that all too familiar sound I've been putting up with fo so long. Tried lowering the seat again whilst looking for anything moving and listening. It turns out it was the 'serving type' tray on the rear of the passenger seat.

I've just stuffed some bog roll in it for now until I get some pipe cladding or something.

Edited by: musicmmonster

1 - 20 of 20 Posts