C-Max Owners Club banner

Help and advice required pleased

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jorgens 
#1 ·
Hi all

Have just put a holding deposit on an 04 plate 2.0 Ghia spec, 38k in Silver. Condition is genuinely mint with leather upholstery, oem mats throughout including rubber boot liner, tinted rear windows plus front and back PDC. Has a duratec engine... What is this?

I negotiated a price of £6250 from a reputable local dealer includingan Hpi check and it comes with a standard (major parts) 3 mnth warranty.

Before i part with my hard earned cash to transact the final sale, is there anything i should either look out for or be aware of? Does it sound like i have a good deal or not? (Previously i was looking at the 1.8 engine version but opted to go for a bit more power - does this significantly add to the fuel consumption?)

Also, what age/mileage do the cambelts need changing and what is the likely cost

Be grateful for some quick feedback before i do the deal

Many thanks in advance

See less See more
#3 ·
given the largish increases in VED (road fund) from the Budget for anything giving out more than 129 g/KM of CO 2 this might be something to bear in mind. Expecially in terms of probable resale value a couple of years down the line

I've got a PDF of the revelevent pages if you require

#5 ·
Check for rust in the very front end of the sills. Starts to rust here if You have'nt got mud-flaps on it.
Also check for rust in doors boot -and frontlid. They rust on the inside seamwhere the inner- and outer skin meets. This should be fixed by Ford though... I beleive they recalled all early C-maxes (at least in Norway they did...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.