C-Max Owners Club banner

Has my oil been changed?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AW 
#1 ·
Hi all
I have just bought a 1600tdci ghia.The garage Igot it from say they carried out a service but I have just checked the oil and it is very black which is not what I expected to find.
They said that they have changed the oil and filter but I cant see the oil filter to check!
Can anyone tell me where to look and also if this is new oil how come its black already.
Thanks
Jon

#2 ·
Diesel engines will make the oil go black very very quickly, unlike petrol versions.
Not sure on the layout of the 1.6 TDCI as I have a 2.0 TDCI and not being athome at the mo, unable to acces my DVD but if going by mine, the filter is at the front, just underneath the fuel filter.

#4 ·
If its been changed it will be nice and viscous ie runny. If its old it will be thick like syrup ignore the colour on diesel engines. I think all diesels in this range use 5w-40 synthetic so what i said should be ok it getsdifficult with mineral oils and such.

#9 ·
Jon
Had the same experience when I took my Cmax Tdi for service at Ford Main Dealer.
Checked oil following morning and was alarmed to see it black. Went tearing off to dealer to complain as you can imagine.They were really good and got the technical guy out to explain to me about the carbon build up in diesel engines compared to petrols.
I was satisfied with explanation and also got a second opinion which backed it up.
This is my first diesel car and I suppose I was used to seeing nice clean oil like you get in petrol engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.