C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a 04 Ghia 1.6 TDCI which is great. Last couple of weeks there has been an increasing smell in the cabin which I think is exhaust fumes. I have had it in to the local garage who identified a badly corroded front exhaust assembly which they have replaced, however this isn't the source of the fumes and I will have to take it to the local ford dealer - any thoughts as to what might be causing this would be much appreciated.
cheers
Cameron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cameron,
I also experienced a fume problem in my 04 1.6 TDCi. The garage who located the problem discovered that the fault to be combustion blow past (in my engine) number two injector, which was removed cleaned and reset. After 3000 miles all still OK. Perhaps this could also be your problem.
Best of luck!

ELJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same smell, mine too is an injector problem, the seal has eroded on one of the four, its going in soon to be fixed but I've been assured that is the cause, start there, bonnet up with engine running, you'll hear if its one of them, located at the rear in the centre, Check for diesel on the engine, like spray spots on and around the injectors.
All the best

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If the injectors are leaking under pressure don't get your fingers too close as the fuel could be pushed through the skin because of the presure

·
Registered
14 Posts
zzz! what a price, I thought mine was expensive at £122.00 inc.VAT. Another example why NOT to use Ford. I have to be honest and say I thought VW were expensive when I had my previous car, a Golf but I never got treated, or 'ripped off' the way I read of examples with Ford Dealership and Service. Enough said!

ELJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts