C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, my 2006 1.8 tdci c-max fuel warning light won't go outdespite filling up! It is still counting down from 50 miles and comes up on the display as soon as the car starts. The gauge itself on the dial is working ok. I've looked through the manual and found nothing, I even tried a mock fill-up again in case it is a sequence thing such as perhaps the door over the filler capis on a switch and needs opened to activate it etc but nothing so far. Has anyone had a similar problem or know what may be the cause? Many thanks...Dave W.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Does the fuel gauge itself operate correctly
I have known the two to be wo different sensors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Richard, the gauge seems fine.a friend has suggested disconnecting the battery to see if it resets to defaults. I'll do that tomorrow when I have daylight. The only thing with that is I'll have to find the radio code for setting it up which I have somewhere. If it's a success I'll let you know but I'm still open to suggestions. Thanks for your reply...Dave.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i would of thought like your friend suggests , a reeboot. Disconeccting the battery , leave disconeccted for 30 mins and fingers xd. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all your suggestions,I did try one last simple approach this morning which was to stick some more fuel in, and hey presto it is ok again! didn't fancy doing the battery cos it was raining and can't find my radio codes yet (doh!). the battery approach and dash test ideas may well have worked but I'd already been to the garage. Thanks for your time, at least if it happens to someone on the forum, they have your valuable info. Cheers Dave W.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Do you yet know how much fuel you have in the tank or if the fuel gauge is reading higher than it should?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes everything seems ok now Richard, tank gauge and read out ofdigital level are the same again, showing180 miles digital and the gauge is about 1/3.Still can't help wondreing why it happened in the first place!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts